Saturday, July 5, 2008

Freedom Run!

Nick and I ran in a 10k on 4th of July in Provo. I have never before ran 6.2 miles, so I was just proud of myself that I finished. But for Nick, it was another walk in the park (who the day before, said, "I don't know if I can run 6 miles!") He then proceeded to run it in 53 minutes. We are slightly sweaty in this picture (and I'm sort of delirious).
I ran the 10k with Nick's aunt, Jen (the one in the hat). It was great, because we just talked the whole time, so I was distracted. We're not exactly experienced runners- we thought the mile markers were kilometers, so when we had passed the 4 mile marker, and one of the volunteers told us a little less than 2 miles, it clicked and we were so excited. Before that, we were a little concerned about not even being half way. We were like, man, this kilometers seem really long, and we are really out of shape!
Jen also pushed me in the end. The whole last mile was a hill, and it was getting really hot outside, so I was struggling. Luckily, some people in front of us that looked a little out of shape, were motivation. We were like, okay, we have got to be able to beat that lady with a ginormous butt! If not, than we're pretty pathetic.

Jen's daughters also ran. Maddie (14) ran the 5k, and Anna (10), Grace (7), and Sophie (5), ran the 1 mile. The best was all of the girls and Nick were waiting for us as we crossed the finish line. And Anna said as we're running, "Mom, what happened?" Hahaha. Maybe someday, I'll run it a little faster :)

2 comments:

Amander said...

Very cool, Lex, very cool.

Kristina P. said...

I got tired just by reading your blog! You and Bri both put me to shame.