Thursday, August 11, 2011

You . . . tah!

This is how Briz pronounces Utah. And by the way, anyone who doesn't live in Oregon, lives in Utah, according to Briz.

I am really far behind in my posts and I am also way too tired and lazy to try to catch up. I have posted a bazillion pictures on Facebook, so if you want to see them, go here to my facebook page.

So here is what we've been up to:

First Two Weeks of July we drove out to Utah. The first week we were there, we went to Bear Lake for a Cottle Family Reunion. The bummer thing about that trip is how almost everyone in our condo got sick. By an absolutely miracle, Nick, Briz, and I didn't get sick. Hallelujah! I don't think I could have handled it. I was already exhausted and frustrated that I couldn't participate in most of the activities. My favorite thing about the week was seeing Briz play with her cousins, Libby and Kloey. They loved each other and it was so cute to see. All week they were yelling each others' names because they were so excited to see each other. Briz also loved following her "big girl" second cousins around.

Nick flew back to Portland and I stayed for another week. I hung out with the Sharp family and also got to see some of my friends there. Anna was like my personal nanny for the week, so I got extremely spoiled. It was fun to see Daniel, Carly, Meredith, Mary, Amander, Sam, and Maggie, and others. I even went with Sam and Mary to my last pre-pregnancy concert: Ben Fold's. It was fun trying to see how many people I could disgust with my big belly dance moves. I was pretty successful I think. Briz got to play with Sadie; they had fun swimming, and she still talks about Sadie and Baby Elise living in Utah. We miss Utah and all of our friends and family there. But next summer, I will be able to do so much more since I will have my body back. Woohoo!


4 comments:

Amander said...

It was so fun to see you for a bit! I did miss seeing Brizzy though. I can't wait for baby girl #2 to get here!

Carly said...

I'm so glad Elise left such an impression on Briz. Sadie asks for Briz occasionally- especially when we are going swimming.

Papworth's said...

Sounds fun! You're almost on the road to getting your body back!I haven't made it to the post office yet, but you can expect your gift next week, along with a baby, provided by you, not me!! We'll be thinking of you guys! BTW, I didn't have to go to the hospital when I got my burn, I just read that today. It did burn through some serious layers of skin though, it's going to be an ugly scar. Michael is back, in fact, that's how I burned my arm so terribly, I was making four different kinds of cookies for his return. Glad he made it home safely and almost himself, very tired, as I'm sure your husband returned the same way! Anyway, Please keep us posted about the baby! Take care!

Anonymous said...

The girls miss brizzy