I love this sweet old man and the message of this video. Sometimes our "Sunday" feels far away, but it's coming. And I can't wait :)
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Happy 9 month birthday Holly Hoo.
I love thinking about what you would be like right now; crawling and starting to sign and say words. Briz would probably be starting to get annoyed with you trying to steal her toys. But I would be having a ton of fun with my two girls. I wish I could see exactly what you would look like right now.
I love this quote I read recently. In the last 7 months, I have learned that really I know so little. Often, I realize that I am the child. I often feel like my sweet daughter is taking care of me from afar.
"Sorrow makes us all children again - destroys all differences of intellect. The wisest know nothing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson -
Thursday, May 17, 2012
This is what has been going on in the lives of the Cottle (some things I've missed for 2012):
1. Nick and I have been enjoying living close to downtown by trying to go to as many plays and concerts that we can fit in:
West Side Story
Beauty and the Beast
The Naked and Famous
3. Dealing with Brizzy being three. Terrible two's my ass, it is for sure terrible three's. She insists on wearing a dress every day and when she doesn't get to, she freaks out. I have to pick my battles because she also wants to wear makeup every day.
5. Saw the avengers. We ended up seeing it in 3d, and I actually enjoyed it (I normally am way too cheap to pay for 3d movies). I am excited that there will be actually good movies in the theater this summer. Andrew Garfield as Spiderman? And Christian Bale? I have only have two words in response to that: Boo Yah.
6. We have been working our tails off trying to get our yard ready for summer. We planted our vegetable garden and I even got a blueberry bush. It has been sunny and hot and gorgeous for the last little while in Oregon and we are loving it.
7. Work is nuts for both Nick and I. Nick is getting ready for Epic Relay season and some stuff for the Olympics. And my work for Romney's campaign seems to increase each week.
8. In the few spare moments I have, I have been trying to get my butt in gear to run in the Oregon Epic Relay. I am getting nervous because I am definitely not up to par with my training, but now its the real countdown, so hopefully I can not die while trying to run 6 miles. Yikes. Wish me luck. I need it.
9. I had a wonderful mothers day. Nick cleaned the house, made me german pancakes, bought me some treats and other presents, and I got to take a really long nap. We also visited Holland's grave. I feel very grateful for my family.