Monday, May 26, 2008
I just have to keep hoping that I will get a job. I do have a few months to look, so that is the good news. I'm not sure I will be able to find a job being a school counselor, but obviously the Lord has something else in mind for me right now.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
The beautiful weekend in LO made me want to move to Oregon more. I forget how beautiful and green it is. I haven't spent much time in Salem, so I drove downtown a little bit and looked at Willamette University (possibly Nick's future school), and it was so nice. We'll see . . .
(this is the state capital, across the street from Willamette)
Monday, May 12, 2008
I was tagged by Amanda a very long time ago; once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end you choose other people to be tagged. Here are my things:
1. I really enjoy watching HGTV. I'm not a very creative person, so the only way I would ever have a decorative house is by stealing it from a TV show. Besides, how many times can I watch re-runs of America's Next Top Model?
2. The other day, an 8th grade student of mine was staring at me and looking at me really funny for a while. And then she asked, "Mrs. Cottle, are you Colombian or something?" I secretly love it when people think I'm a different race because I have a weird color skin (its oddly green).
3. I love artichokes and broccoli. I get very excited when I think about eating them, and would eat them all day every day if I could afford it (artichokes are ridiculously expensive!).
4. I had a dream the other night that I was playing in the NBA. I was the first and only female, but I was only an alternate, and got to suit up at away games. Our team was up by like 80 points in one game and so they put me in. I was really scared, but I went it and did really good. The whole time I kept thinking, "This isn't that bad, these players aren't that good. WMBA please!"
5. When I was younger, my sisters and I loved going to NBA games and getting into arguments with old drunk men. We were a little obnoxious, and felt pretty stupid when we lost. But still, I can't believe these men that would argue with us the whole game!
6. I hate video games. I hate them. I don't mind playing the Wii every once in a while, as in like once a year. And I must admit, Rock Band is fun. But overall, I think they're evil.
7. I still really enjoy watching Disney movies, particularly if its a good one. It makes me feel young inside. I especially love Beauty and the Beast, but sadly haven't seen it in a very long time. When I was younger, I liked it because I thought it was the most "deep" Disney movie; the whole beauty within thing.
8. I wish I could garden and plant flowers, but I suck at it.
9. I hate going to the gym. I would so much rather run outside, which is why I like it when its warmer outside. I'm not a big fan, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
10. I can only sleep if I'm a little cold. So I always have the fan running and usually have the window open. Then I have to sleep with three pillows. One for the base, on soft one on top, and another soft one to cover my eyes. I need a big blanket to cover my whole body, including my face. This is how I sleep. What? I'm not high maintenanced!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
I can't believe it's taken me this long to post pictures of Palmer and Portia again (my niece and nephew). Here are some pictures of them this last weekend when Papa and Nona were in town for my graduation.
Always making sure everyone is watching her.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Sarah and I are cohorts in the School Counseling program. We basically have taken almost every class together.
Me looking into my future very seriously.
With the Cottle side. Mike, Julie, and Grandma Barney were all very nice to come to my graduation and support me.
Me with the folks. They said they wanted to leave their sunglasses on so they could look "cool."