Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap. Yeah, I said Thanksgiving.

So I doubt there is anyone who reads this who doesn't already know that I'm pregnant. I was elated at first.  I was so grateful and excited that I would randomly start crying.  I felt excited for so many reasons, but it didn't last that long. Soon, my excitement turned to nausea and exhaustion.  It has been a long few months of feeling completely awful, but luckily, I am starting to get into the 2nd trimester wonderfulness.

Anyways, that is why I have not been posting much.  And also why I am so behind.  I won't be trying to catch up, because that would overwhelm me, but I will hit a few highlights.

The first one is Thanksgiving.  We made our 4th drive to Utah this year for Thanksgiving festivities.  I was slightly nervous about making the drive, but it ended up being wonderful because Nick drove the whole way and I just got to sit there and do nothing/sleep:  my favorite thing to do at the time.

Thanksgiving was awesome.  I felt like crap, but my in laws are so wonderful and help take care of Briz, so I basically got to sleep/throw up/watch HGTV the whole week. Plus, I had Nick around for the week which was so wonderful.

Nick organized a huge family football game.  I was sad I couldn't play, but it was fun watching and cheering.  


We took family pictures (I am a little depressed about the fact that this stage of my pregnancy will be captured forever), and Briz and the twins did some of their posing.

These girls are so cute and so fun to watch.  It makes the drive totally worth it.  Briz loves her cousins, and is devastated when she has to say goodbye.
We are trying to get her to smile somewhat normally.  But still not successful.

We ventured out to the Jazz game with the Nelsons.  They were awesome seats, but the Jazz were not so awesome.  Shortest NBA game of my life.  But it was still a blast.

Briz was reunited with Sadie at BYU.  We went to the womens basketball game, where Briz and Sadie proudly got on the big screen about 5 times, and also where Sadie taught Briz the chicken dance (she talks about it frequently).

We visited Santa at Riverwoods.

And rode the carousel.

Brittany went through the temple.  It was such a great evening and I was excited I didn't have to throw up during the session.  


We visited the dinosaur museum for the first time.  Pretty cool.  Briz was disturbed by the dinosaurs eating each other, but it was good for her to study something besides princesses and my little ponies.



We went downtown to visit Brittany at work, and we visited Santa there too.   I am not looking forward to the day when I have to be way more conniving when it comes to protecting the idea of Santa.  

Love this pic of her and Pops.  She loves her Pops.  He gave her a picture of himself, and she hangs it up on her wall.  For a while she wanted to take it everywhere she went.

She is so spoiled from all of the attention she gets from her aunts.





We also saw Uncle Landon a lot and Briz had a sleep over with Aunt Sierra and Uncle Tanner.  There is a lot of love out there in Utah for us (which is why we went 4 times last year!)  All in all it was such a great trip and a very much needed break for myself.  

No comments: