Sunday, February 19, 2012

She scares me

Brizzy scares the crap out of me sometimes.  Some of the things she says are both hilarious and yet frighten me.  I know I've said this before, so I won't continue to go on and on about it.  But some of her latest sayings:

- "I already said that!" (Keep in mind that she says a lot of these things with serious attitude).  She often says this when I ask her to use manners and say things like please, thank you, and sorry.
- Nick came home from work the other night and we were having a conversation.  Since she believes that she should be the dictator of who gets to speak and when they have that privilege, she said to me, "Mom, can you please stop talking?"  Followed by (in a patronizing whisper), "Mom, it's quiet time."
- When she was playing with her "Little People" nativity set, she said in a playful, patronizing voice, "Hey there Jesus, I'm going to get you Jesus, watch out for the tickle bug Jesus."  For some reason, this just sounded wrong.
- I asked her the other day why she didn't want to go potty on the toilet and she responded with, "Because I don't have to listen to you." Yikes.
- "I need ice."  She now says this whenever she gets on "owie."
- When she wants to know more specifics she says, "Which kind of . . .?"  For example, I told her earlier today that we were going to listen to princess music and she said, "Which kinda princess music?"  Sometimes it feels impossible to answer these questions at times, so usually my response is something like, "The kind that you like," or "The kind that is awesome."
- "I'm just sayin' . . . " this is her best and final defense when we have an argument.
-" . . . if you want."  She ends her sentences with this when she is trying to get me to do something that she wants me to do but is trying to make me think it is her idea.
- "Otherwise . . ." Again, a debating tactic for her.  But the really freaky thing about this is that she uses it correctly.
- "Can you just . . .?" This is her point of real frustration when she wants me to do something.  i.e. we made pink cupcakes and she was trying to convince me she should eat one for breakfast.  When I wasn't giving in, she said, very angry, "Can you just get me a pink cupcake please?!" (Note, she thinks if she uses the word please that it will get her anything she wants).

4 comments:

Papworth's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Papworth's said...

So funny! I can't wait to hear Briz and Will together!! They sound the same. Sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with this mouthy teenager and I say, "I don't know what I'm going to do." Like we've been dealing with this for years and years. My sassy little boy. The best part was the talking thing you said about Briz. Will does the exact same thing. He doesn't say please to me though. He tells me to stop talking and he usually yells it. Then He goes on to say, "I'm talking!" the Jesus thing was adorable. Today Will said he trapped Jesus in his butterfly net. I made him release him and then went on to say that we don't capture Jesus, or pretend shoot him. Sorry, I'm not trying to tell all these things about Will when you talk about Briz. I just laugh because they sound so much alike and I totally understand what you're saying.

Amander said...

Seriously, your kid is hilarious.

I don't know which of these I love the most. "Otherwise" is great. Also "just sayin." I need to see her again.

Kelly Munns said...

she scares me, too...for you. good luck with that :)