Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer Fun Part 2

Can you tell I'm a bit tired with the lack of creativity in my blog title?  We have been up to a lot of fun things and some other not as fun things (i.e. work) and we are pooped.    Here is a brieft update.


- We went to Utah and visited a lot of people we love.  Some of my favorite things about the time there was seeing Briz play with her cousins and also holding one of the cutest babies ever.  It was our first time meeting Kensie and I just couldn't get enough of her.  What a sweet, happy girl.  And the "big girl" cousins are hilarious.

- The family made the trek out to Logan and helped Nick with the start of the Cache Teton Relay.  Then everyone but Nick, Seth, and I headed back home.  We helped out with the relay.  And I'm not going to lie, it made me tired.  It was fun to work hard and be a part of it thought.  And it was such a cool finish at the Teton Village.

- While in the Teton Village, we took the tram up to the top of the mountain.  It was high.  I was scared.   We also decided to float down the Snake River.  Just us.  It was slightly dangerous, but it was a fun little adventure.

- Saw some friends that I love and miss: Nate, Mary and their adorable girls; I got to be there to wish Mander a Happy Birthday and meet Brian FINALLY!  And I ended up getting to see Carly, Sadie, and Elise.


-It has been HOT here.  And while 100 degrees is pretty hot in this humidity, I am not complaining.  Particularly, since we tend to find our way in the water.  Mostly thanks to Brett and Julia and their boat.  Can't get enough time in the water.


 Took Briz to Oaks Park, which is a white trash little amusement park here.  Briz loved all of the rides.  I had a blast watching her.  Nothing makes me happier than watch my little girl giggle.


 Have done some fun family activities.  Nothing too special, just enjoying being outside as much as we can.

I  have also been terrible about taking pictures.  That's my goal for the rest of the year, to take more pictures!!!  Some upcoming fun stuff: Joe and Kim's wedding at Eagle Crest (where Briz is going to take a crack at being a flower girl - she won't stop talking about it) and our Cruise!  Booyah.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I'm a little stressed about how little we have planned for our excursions, but we still have 10 days.