Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Thanksgiving

I am the worst.  Again.  I didn't take any pictures over Thanksgiving.  It was a fun few days with all of the Cottles coming into town.  I had 13 people at my house.  It was a new experience but we all survived it and no one got sick!

That week I took work off which was SO nice.  I felt like I had so much time.  I spent it prepping for Thanksgiving.  Braving the grocery stores, shopping, cleaning, etc.

The day before Thanksgiving and the day of I spent cooking and baking.  It was actually really enjoyable because my kids weren't bugging me.  I love cooking by myself!  It was my first time making homemade rolls and homemade cinnamon rolls.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I also did an 8 layer rainbow jello salad.  Thankfully I didn't have to do the turkey.  Turkeys scare me (in more ways than one) and it was nice to not have to worry about that.

I was sad I didn't take a picture of the food cause it was pretty.   We had a kids table where they got to color (and didn't eat much). 

After Thanksgiving, we spent some time playing outside at Nike and then went swimming at the Nike pool.




We went bowling and played arcade games where Pops won 25,000 tickets!!!!  They bought pom poms that shed over my house for 4 days.  

The big girls went to see The Good Dinosaur.  We visited Santa, ate at the local burger place, the Giant.  We played games with family, watched MockingJay and then went on a date with adults to see the last Mockingjay movie (dont remember the name).


Pops also helped the girls make fun of Nick with their fake mustaches.

I was tired, but I was particularly grateful for family this year that made the long trek out to Oregon to see us and spend time with us.

No comments: