Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Weekend in Oregon

This past weekend I took a last minute trip to Oregon for a job interview in Salem at McNary High School. I am hoping I get it (since it would be nice to have some kind of income), but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. It was a beautiful and hot weekend in Lake Oswego- 90 degrees!!! So I got to spend a lot of time outside doing some fun things.


My Mom and I went on a bike ride and a run around Lake Oswego. I just want everyone else to see how beautiful it is.


I also went wakeboarding on the lake thanks to the Allens. I was so proud of myself; I crossed both wakes and I even jumped the wake a little. I also went wake surfing, which I love!! Its my new favorite thing.


Landon, Dad, and I went and hit some golf balls at the driving range (I couldn't hit with the hybrid to save my life).


But best of all, I went to Sierra's lacross game. She scored 4 goals and had 4 assists, she did awesome. It was the first round of her playoff games, so it was a fun game to see. I haven't really ever seen her play lacrosse, so it was fun for me to watch her dominate.




Sierra also had her Senior Prom on Saturday night, and I was able to help her get ready (although probably not too much help), and take some pictures of her. She wore the same dress McKenna and I wore at our senior prom. Meme bought the dress a long time ago, and it has turned into kind of a family heirloom. Sierra looked beautiful; everyone was telling her she looked like Cinderella.



The beautiful weekend in LO made me want to move to Oregon more. I forget how beautiful and green it is. I haven't spent much time in Salem, so I drove downtown a little bit and looked at Willamette University (possibly Nick's future school), and it was so nice. We'll see . . .


(this is the state capital, across the street from Willamette)

2 comments:

Amander said...

Wow, that is so picturesque! I GUESS I could come visit if you move there. Keep us updated on job stuff!

Oh, and I like your new blog layout. Very cute.

Adam and Bri said...

Oregon is gorgeous! Gosh, it makes me want to move there.