Thursday, June 5, 2008

Moving on up

After a lot of deliberation and prayer, Nick and I have decided to move to Oregon, about 30 minutes south of Portland. We're planning on heading out the first of August. Nick is going to be attending Willamette University, and I am still looking for a job. We're both excited and nervous about the changes we'll be making. But we are also planning on having a lot of visitors. And I mean that! If you don't, I will no longer be your friend!

This is a map of Oregon, and you can see where we'll be. We are going to be in Salem, the capital. It's where the little red star is. It's actually a great location, its about 30 to 45 minutes away from everything, the city, the beach, the mountains.

This is Portland (on a clear day).

There are a lot of beautiful places around Salem that are great for hiking and sight seeing and everything. This is Silver Falls, a state park next to Salem.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good luck in Oregon! I looks beautiful.

I also had to comment that I love the new picture on your header. It's completely adorable. I now need to set up an unstaged photo shoot of me and Adam doing that.

Nick and Lexie said...

Yes, well, we were getting professional pictures taken of Nick's family and they were trying to get me to pose. I am a little awkward, and usually either do something weird, or do some sports pose (usually with something that resembles a bat). You should see my bridals. But thanks for the comment. It makes me feel special.

Amander said...

I haven't commented on this post yet because I am in denial you are leaving. If I don't acknowledge it, it won't happen, right?

Anyway, that is super exciting you guys have a plan now! I am sure you are going to find a job very soon.

I am jealous you are going to Powell next week. Can't wait to see you at book club!

Anne B. said...

Congrats you two! I was secretly hoping you would move to the Bronx because I love stories from the ghetto and I am sure Lexie would love all the cat calls but I'm sure Oregon will be wonderful as well! And I can't wait to come visit. Lex, I am so sorry about the job. I know how it feels to get turned down from something you really want. It sucks, but I am sure it will work out and I can't wait to see how!

Keith said...

Hey Nick and Lexie

I just randomly found your blog through my sister-in-law's blog (Emily Christensen - maiden name Bedke). I'm still not sure how she knows you guys.

Have fun in Oregon. I'm jealous.

-keith

keithandnataliemorgan.blogspot.com

Blackham Family said...

Hey Lexie that is awesome. It is always so much better when you know where your going to be. Well we are going to be up in the area this weekend Saturday wondering if you would be around to get lunch or something.

Adam and Bri said...

Congrats, Lexie! I'm so excited for you and Nick. Oregon is going to be great!

And what's this I hear about you coming to book club? Boo-yeah!