Saturday, June 28, 2008

Theme Park Week

Since I no longer am working, I went to a few theme parks this week with family visitors. I went to Seven Peaks with Ali, our cousin who lives in Arizona and is visiting. Bri, Palmer, and Portia joined us for part of it. And I got a little crazy with my camera.
Palmer and Portia were too busy shoving licorice and pretzels in their mouth to pose.
She is very focused in this picture.


Again, eating. Portia likes food . . . a lot!

Here she is eyeing food.
Not quite sure what he's doing, but I can almost guarantee it includes talking to himself.

This is her, "I'm getting splashed in the face and I'm a little startled" look.
She loves splashing in the water.
Palmer was very focused on going down the slide. Especially after he got taken out by a stupid kid.

I had fun with Ali, particularly when we were making friends with as many twelve year old boys as possible! (I miss my job).
I also went to Lagoon with Sierra. She had come up to see Landon off at the MTC and then stayed a few days longer. So we got to hang out. I was able to introduce to her the greatness that is Felicity. She'll never be the same.
Self-portrait on the log ride. We didn't really trust the other couple with us that was making out the whole time to take our picture. It was SO hot that day, and the rattlesnake rapids was closed! So we had to settle for the lame log ride.
Sierra was freaking out before we went on Rocket. I thought it was funny, so I thought I'd capture it in a photo.
After the Rocket. Last ride of the day, the Carousel. We found this spinny thing to sit on on the Carousel (we were eyeing it while waiting in line). So we joined a couple other kids on it. It was like a tea cup at Disneyland. But the kids were spinning it so much, I thought I was going to throw up, so I had to ditch them. It was a fun day, but extremely hot, and I think I got slightly dehydrated.
I'm sad that I'm moving to Oregon right when Sierra is moving away to go to college. But I'm happy for her; she'll have fun in Rexberg.




8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

We love Lagoon. We have season passes, we love it THAT much. We had them last year too, and I'm the big baby who has not yet ridden The Rocket. We didn't go to the water park last year either, but can't wait to go this year, and catch some sort of STD.

shaun said...

You guys look like you are having a lot of fun this summer. Get it all in before Nick goes back to school, eh? Good call. Hope you are well.

Amander said...

Water parks are pretty much one of my favorite things. I am jealous you went to Lagoon without me.

I do think we need to float the Provo river SOON, though. Hope you are having a good week!

Nick and Lexie said...

We can go to Lagoon again! Geesh. You think I'm only planning on going once! Bounce back passes. Seriously, let's go and hit up Laguna Beach. How is working life?

Shawna Wilson said...

Hey there Cottle's! Things are good with us...just enjoying the summer time. Lagoon looked like fun, we haven't been there forever! So you guys are moving up to Oregon? I'm sure Robbie would love for us to come visit ya! Keep in touch...

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Well well, if it isn't Nick and Lexie! Hello...i see you guys have a blog. That's great! How's life treating you?

Cristi Benedict said...

Lexie!!! This is Cristi Hawker! You probably think I'm crazy for writing this, but I could have sworn I saw you getting the mail this morning as I was pulling out of our apartment complex on my way to work! I thought you lived in Oregon though, so i totally brushed it off. So when i got to work, I searched a blog for you and found you and saw that you are living in Orem!! Where do you live? Zach and I are have been living at the Shadow Ridge condos for a year now, so did I see you this morning or what!:) If not, I'm going crazy aren't I. Anyway, I'd love to hear how you are doing. I linked your blog to mine. So hit me up when you get a chance. We should get together sometime!

Cristi

Cristi Benedict said...

Yay! I'm so glad it was you I saw and that I wasn't loosing my mind. Thanks for writing back. That is SOOO crazy that we having been living in the same complex for a year and never ran into each other earlier! We live in building 5 in #1504. I'll have to come stop by and see you to catch up. So funny! I love it!