Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lot and Lots of Pictures of Hawaii

Now you may judge Nick and I after seeing this post. But I swear, we are good parents! On a whim, Nick and I decided to take our month old to Hawaii. About a week and a half ago, my mom was looking for vacation spots (as she always does) and found ridiculously cheap tickets to Maui. So Nick and I booked a flight for the very next day! Now anyone who knows me knows that I am quite a planner, so this was extremely spontaneous for me. But I figured when are Nick and I ever going to be able to just take off to Hawaii? And yes, Briz is a little young to be so spoiled, but we figured that she would be pretty easy to travel with. Plus, my parents and Sierra went; so we had lots of babysitters.


Brizzy did great on the plane; she zonked out. And she seemed to enjoy Hawaii as well. She loved the warm weather, but in particular she loved our stroller walks/runs along the beach and she loved the pool. It was really hot there, so the pool was warm like a bath. She acted like she could have stayed in the pool for hours. Every once in a while she would get a little nervous about the abyss of water surrounding her, so like she always does, she wanted to be held close to our face. People had all sorts of responses to us having her there, and a lot of that is because she looks even younger than she is, because she's so skinny. The swim diapers and bathing suits were pretty big on her, but we made it work. She looked so funny because she's got this big belly and these long skinny arms and legs. Grandma Cottle says she takes after her daughter and is an Ethiopian child. But Nick and I figure now we never have to take Briz anywhere for a long long time. We can always tell her, hey, you've already been to Hawaii.
Enjoying the warm pool water.


Papa and his grandbaby. She looks pretty white compared to him.




I explained to my parents that Nick in many ways is still like a five year old. He always has to be doing something. So here he is, entertaining the little kids at the pool with flips.




This is a pretty gross picture, but its the only one with all three of us.



I could just kiss her chubby cheeks all day long!




Nick boogie boarding on the North Shore. Look at how beautiful the water and the sky is. I love the Hawaii ocean!


Catching some waves.




Sierra being the daredevil she is and jumping over some waves.


Nick crashing. It's probably the only time he did, but I caught it on camera!



Nick is so good at boogie boarding, he can even pose while he does it.


Deep contemplation.



I think we may be different races.



After playing tennis at sunset. It was slightly challenging because every time I tried to hit it, I peed my pants a little. Gross I know, but I need some kind of justification.



Sierra making a very "sierra" face. And I'm shiny and sweaty.






I love this picture.


Nick's long legs, going after the tennis ball.


Sierra having a blast in Hawaii! She's already bored with her boring family.




The baby hog. I am very grateful he's a baby hog. It gives me a lot of freedom :)




The men coming back from a swim.




Night swim. Okay, I lied. I forgot we had this family picture.



She's passed out in the shade.



Giving Dad kisses.


Swimming with her Dad at sunset.




We were grateful she didn't poo in her swim diaper, cause who knows if it would have stayed in!



With Aunt Sisi.


During nap time. She loved the sound of the ocean waves outside our condo.



Looks like her Dad in this picture.




Laying out by the pool.






The view from our condo.

6 comments:

Ronell Hugh said...

These were some awesome pictures. Sounds like you had a blast and Brizzy got spoiled, which is definitely a GOOD thing. She's growing a ton and I haven't even seen my one and only niece. One day I suppose.

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, her belly is sooo cute! and i love the baby hog picture..he's like, "get away, she's mine!" what a good grandpa. i don't think you're a terrible parent for taking such a young baby. afterall, never again will she be that konked out and easy to care for on a trip! you look great...and nice and tan! wow!

Briawna said...

I'm loving how skinny she is in "my" swimsuits. She's definitely skinnier than either one of my chubby ones. But it's true, you'll never have such a relaxing vacation with kids like this again. Good for you for enjoying it. I'm only slightly jealous but taking care of two toddlers without Ronell is never fun, even with the baby hog around.

Adam and Bri said...

oh, hawaii. how i love thee.

glad you had a great time! briz is the cutest.

Tamara said...

Okay, you guys are the cutest!! I guess I will forgive you for getting such cheap tickets. ;)

Amander said...

How cute are those pictures of her in her swim suits???

And you look great, Lex, I don't know what you are worried about! (You look really pretty in that picture with the title, "I think we are different races".)

I'm glad you were able to have a fun get-away. You guys deserve it!