Easter was a wonderful weekend. It was actually sunny! That, in an of itself was a miracle. We had a great time doing a lot of fun things:
- Grandpa and Grandma were in town from Utah and we had fun with them
- Grandma Julie bought Briz a frilly Easter dress
- We had a somewhat lame Easter egg hunt at the arcade down the street
- We went and saw the Easter Bunny at Albertsons where Grandpa threatened some nice grocers
- We had an Easter brunch with German pancakes
- We searched for Easter baskets, starting off with Holland's Easter Basket
- We ate a lot, a lot of sugar. A lot!
- We had a beautiful Easter church service***
- The Cottles had a big gathering/Easter dinner/Easter Egg hunt
It was a beautiful day for many reasons. We visited Holland's grave the day before and as always, I had very mixed emotions. But by the time Sunday rolled around, and I was sitting in church, I was filled with joy, happiness, gratitude, and even a bit of excitement at the thought of not only my daughter Holland being resurrected, but my whole family.
I still feel so much pain so often, and at times, it still feels unbearable. I cannot comprehend the atonement. I am confused by it even. But I do believe it happened. And I believe that Christ can empathize with me like no one else can in the grief and pain I have and continue to experience. I am grateful for him as a friend and comforter.
Never before have I understood how real the atonement is. I wish life was easier at times. I wish that death didn't come with such a sting. But I am learning that, really, that's just life. Physical and spiritual death bring sadness and despair. But the atonement and resurrection bring hope and happiness. How wonderful it is to feel happy so soon after I lost my precious daughter. And I felt that happiness on Easter. Never before have I been so grateful for Christ and this Easter holiday. We missed Holland but she is always near us. And one day we'll be with her.
As Briz said concerning the resurrection, "We all die . . . but it's okay because then our bodies get fixed." Couldn't have said it better myself Brizzle.