1. I had five Mitt Romney events yesterday (three in Portland and two in Seattle), and I could not be happier that they are over. It was one of the longest days of my life. But because Carly is such a good friend, it ended up being a pretty great day overall. She came along with me (I need a whole separate post for her and Sadie's visit).
2. Nick has been working ridiculous hours to get some stuff ready for the Olympics. So needless to say, we have been workaholics lately and I am so happy to be able to actually clean my house!
3. I have loved listening to movie soundtracks lately. Here are some of my favorites.
4. I love the Celtics. I have been an awful fan this year, but I have three reasons to defend myself: the NBA strike really threw off my basketball schedule, I actually don't like watching NBA games, and I've just been trying to deal with life. But yes, I love them. And I am just hoping and hoping and even praying a little bit that they and OKCity win, because I am pretty sure I am going to fly Briz and I to Oklahoma so we can try to catch a game, and also visit our long lost Hugh cousins.
5. I hate Oregon right now. I really do. I hate the stupid rain and cold weather. I need not just sunshine but heat. My skin is way too white for June. It's just wrong. Not to mention I'm supposed to run in a race in a week and a half and it better not be this cold.
6. The HomeBudget app is the best ever. It indulges my OCD with money, and yet frees me from my money anxiety.
7. My iPhone has brought so much joy into my life. Here are a few of the wonderful things:
- New York Times app - I feel like I actually have an idea of what is going on in the world recently
- Tosh.O app
- Daily Report app
- Portland Entertainment apps
- Groupon app
- And of course, the ever important Onion app
8. Sierra was here for Memorial Day Weekend and I had a blast hanging out with her. Nick and I went on a double date with her and Landon (inside family joke) to the Portland Rose Garden, rode lots of rides and made ourselves sick. It was awesome. Her and Briz became good pals and we miss Sierra. Can't wait until you come back for the 4th of July. Hopefully it will stop raining by then!
9. I used my real camera today for the first time in a long time. It felt so natural and I quickly remembered how addicted I can get to my camera. I do wish, however, I had more time to edit!
10. I miss my nieces and nephews a lot. I wish I could give them all hugs and kisses right now.