Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Walking Tour of the New Pad

So I had a few requests to see more pictures of our new house. I just went over there today for the inspection and took some. Especially since Nick hasn't even seen it yet!!! Also, I am posting them because I am SO excited about our new shin-dig. I can't wait for Nick to come up next week and see it, and for everyone else that comes and visits.



Another angle of our house outside. We have a cute little front porch. And I think I'm going to add black shutters and paint the front door black (you can't see, but its blue right now).


Our two car garage. I'm so excited for all of the storage space!

Our little backyard. It's not big, but its still nice.


Our stone patio off the side of the house. I would like to build a deck coming off of that, that wraps around to the backyard, but we'll see.
This is the view from the little patio. The area next to us is a flood zone so no one will ever build on it, which is a nice little buffer.
This is what it looks like when you walk into the house.

And looking back down from the top of the stairs.
So this is the living room area/ nook (to the left). The gas fireplace is very nice. I loved having one in our basement apartment. The wall is really red, but we have maroon couches and a maroon rug, so it kinda clashes. I am going to paint over it, but don't know which color yet. I was thinking a sagey green? Any suggestions, advice? I need it!
The kitchen with high counter tops and stainless steel appliances. (I feel like a realtor).
This is the laundry room off of the garage and kitchen. The washer and drier will be where the vacuum is. There's a half bath to the left.
This is the master bedroom on the first floor. But I think we are going to use it for an office. The two bedrooms upstairs are bigger.
The bathroom in the office.
This is one of the bedrooms upstairs. They're pretty much the same.

Both bedrooms have huge closets like this. LOVE it!
This is the upstairs bedroom with about a gazillion drawers.

So there it is, sorry so many pictures, but I wanted you to get a good idea of what it looks like. Any homeowner tips would be much appreciated! I really have no domestic skills, but am excited to at least attempt taking care of a home.


Here's our new address:
1327 Lupin Ln. NW
Salem, OR 97304

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a cute little place! I am very jealous. I will never find a house here that we can afford. :(

Amander said...

Ah! SO cute Lex. It has such charm. Cute porch and nice yard. I can't wait to come up and visit!

You need to get rid of the red wall, for sure. You could even try brown of some shade.

Thanks for all the pictures! Oh, and I'm going to call you on my way to work today :)

Briawna said...

It's perfect! I love red walls but not with your maroon couches. I think sage green would work well, especially with all your black wall decor. sorry i wasn't around to chat this morning. I hope the job hunt is going well.

Blackham Family said...

That is so exciting. It is cute too. I am way jelous. We actually did just buy a place and are working on all the you know paper work and stuff it takes forever. But we should be up there Aug 1st. Fun stuff. Yours is lots cuter though. Fun and good luck with the job situation if you havent had any luck yet.

Jana said...

the rooms look big hope you have enough furniture, if not you can always go shopping and buy everything you want. isnt that how it works?

Sammy said...

Oh my gosh it is so cute... and about a visit. I am totally in to either host you here at my home or make the trip up to oregon to see you... or both. Cause its been far too long my friend. Hope every thing is going well for you guys!