Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We Bought a House

Nick and I bought a house in Salem, Oregon today. It really was an absolute miracle because we made a very low offer and the people actually took it! We are going to be able to close much sooner than we thought we could, and I love the house. It's really nice and cute, and its in a great neighborhood. Nick is about 2.5 miles away from campus. It's also very strange because it was an older couple that I am assuming is LDS because they're moving to Utah. Crazy!
Now, I just need a job so we can actually pay the mortgage! I had an interview yesterday that I think went pretty well, and am applying like crazy to a bunch of other jobs. So hopefully something will pan out soon.

7 comments:

Amander said...

AH! So exciting. It's so cute!!! Once you close you'll have to post pictures of the inside and everything. I can't wait to come visit you there some day! Good luck on the interviews.

Kristina P. said...

I second Amanda's remarks. We want pictures! You guys are real live grown ups now!

Emily said...

Congrats Lexie! it is so cute...we need to see some inside pictures :)

Carrie Ross said...

Hey congrats on the new digs! That is so exciting...I'm a little jealous! :)

Jana said...

that house totally looks like you guys. i can just see you two throwing shin digs on that little patio area and nick d.j.ing. how so much fun and im jealous of how much room just the two of you have. good job.


i can also see your dad out there getting his groove on. yeah dave!

Sammy said...

Oh my gosh that is so exciting. Hopefully you will be better than me and actually move into your house completely, maybe finish painting within the first year. These are things that I have not mastered. So don't feel bad if you don't either.

Amander said...

Oh, I am pretty sure your quote is from Chandler - I am ashamed to admit I can't remember what episode! But I do know that emphasis is totally him.

(I'm so pathetic.)