Monday, August 11, 2008

Hallelujah!

Phew! I got a job. I will be starting work next week as a school counselor at North Salem High School. I will be working with the freshman, and I am not sure I could be more excited about it. I think I may have only gotten it because the school was desperate since school is starting soon, but I don't care, it's a great job, and its only about 3 miles away from my house. I don't think I've ever worked that close to where I live, and it will be a nice change from the different commutes I have had for the past few years. I also am only about a few blocks away from Willamette University, where Nick is going to school.

It's been a stressful few months for me, trying to figure out if I can find a job using my degree and still support Nick and I, but now I am feeling very blessed that it's all working out. And I feel really lucky that I will be able to do something I love.

3 comments:

Amander said...

CONGRATS!!!! It feels so good to be employed :) Can't wait to hear all about it.

Kristina P. said...

That's so great! I'm very excited for you.

Ronell Hugh said...

Lexie, that is AWESOME. Congrats on the new job. It's official, your a full blown successful graduate student with a new house and job. I'm sure there is a lot more to come.