Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Too much time

Here are some updated pictures of my house. I was going to post the inside, but its not that exciting, and I didn't want to clean it, so sorry. Notice anything different on the outside? Yes, that's right, we put up shutters. And when I say we, I mean Nick. I did, however, paint the door all by myself. And if you get close enough to it, you can tell (which is why I stayed far away).


I decided today that I have a little bit too much time on my hands. I actually like it, however, because I feel like the creative side of me is coming out a little bit more. I just keep thinking, is this what normal people feel like? Where you work and then come home and have a bunch of hours? I've been so busy the last few years that I think my sense of a normal schedule is slightly off. It's nice that I'm home more though, because I love where I live. The only bad thing is that I have no friends and I feel sort of like a single person because school has begun to take over Nick's life. So I have been working really hard to find things to do by myself. I don't mind spending time by myself, I think its good for me. But my problem is, I still want to share everything with friends. So, whether you like it or not, here is my sharing of things that I am doing with too much time.

These are the blackberries right next to our house. There are a ton of them and they are SO good. So I've picked quite a few blackberries. I may attempt to make jam one day, but I am taking my domestic strides slowly. Don't want to do too much too fast (Rachel Green, "You know what happened to the girl who tried too much too fast don't you? She died.")


Mmmm, I end up eating a lot of them while I'm picking. Anyone who saw me taking this picture was probably a little weirded out. I am getting pretty good at self portraits though.

Here are my latest picks.

For those of you who know me well, you know how much I love flowers and potpouri (a.k.a. dried crap), so I thought I would try to put my flowers to good use. These ones were about to die, so I'm going to take them to my office at school. I've also been picking my gardenias and letting them dry out so that I can use them as potpouri; they still smell so good even after they're dead.

Here are some annuals I put above my kitchen sink. I feel all domestic. But who knows how long it will last. I am probably going to be coaching this year, so I'm sure once kids start school and I'm up really early in the morning, my energy may wear out. In the meantime, thanks for letting me share a little bit of my life with you. And I'm still hoping people come visit me when they get a chance!

4 comments:

Stacy Ainge said...

My little domestic daughter-I am so proud. If you hang the hydrangeas upside down they will dry and you can use them during the holidays-naturally or spray paint them gold/maroon.
Mom

Nick and Lexie said...

Oh, okay, good tip. I'll do that from now on. Right now, I have some in my office.

Amander said...

Okay, your house is ADORABLE. Love the shutters and all the work you did in the yard. Looks great.

I was totally laughing at your paragrahs about flowers. I remember moving in to Fernwood and having to clean dried flowers off nearly every surface. One of your many charms.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to email you back. Looong day with training and such, but hopefully tonight or tomorrow night I'll get a chance. Love!

The Dailys said...

Lexie- Your house is SO cute! Really, it is darling. I want to see pictures of the inside. I want to come and visit, (yes I will invite myself). P.S. I still have your book. I got your address in the e-mail so I will mail it to you.

mary