Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Put to Work

In our second week at our new ward, Nick and I got callings. All I have to say is thank goodness, because that is the only way I really know how to make friends in wards. Considering my job as a freshmen counselor, I should have a lot of fourteen year old friends by the end of the year because I am the new mia maid advisor.
Nick got called as the Sunday School teacher for the 17-18 year olds. Nick and I couldn't have asked for better callings. We are both excited about working with the youth, and Nick will be pretty busy, so it will be perfect for him. As for myself, I have been campaigning to be in Young Women's for the last four years or so. Finally, it paid off! I think they called me before they had a chance to realize that I might be a bad influence on their daughters. I blew my chances in my old ward when I got in trouble with the stake young women's at girls camp (I just thought curfews were optional). So please, if you have any good ideas for fun activities, let me know, because I am not a very creative person.

No comments: