Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oregon and Snow is funny

It snowed here on Sunday and watching the news ever since has been just as good as watching any comedy show on TV. People freak out in Oregon when it snows, because it doesn't happen very often.

But when you have to be on the road driving with people, that's a whole other story. I drove back from Portland to Salem on Sunday night, and they don't scrape or salt the roads here, so I almost died. I spun a bunch of times, doing 360's in the middle of the freeway across all lanes, and I thought for sure I would run into the median in the middle or go off the freeway, but I didn't. It was a miracle. Since I was fine, I just kept on driving and Nick keeps making fun of me that I wasn't more upset or didn't pull over.

The good news about the weather is that because they freak out about the snow here, they cancel and shut down everything. Tomorrow is my third day in a row off from school, which means no work and sleeping in! I very much have needed it because my growing fetus takes it out of me (tomorrow I'll know the gender!!!)



2 comments:

Amander said...

I expect a text and/or email as soon as you know what baby cottle is going to be!

And that is hilarious that all of Oregon shuts down. I mean, it makes sense, cause if they don't have plows or salt it's a death trap. I wish Utah would give us snow days every once in a while. I could use three days off work.

Papworth's said...

I just wrote on your wall on Facebook! We're so excited to find out what you're having!! Let us know. Also, glad you're ok. Michael told me about your drive home. You brave girl, kept driving! Canceled church and all huh? That's so funny to me. Take care of yourself.