Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a Girl!!!!

I had an ultrasound today and discovered (after an hour) that we are having a little girl! I was so excited, and Nick, well, will learn to be excited. It was pretty funny because she was in a breech position the whole time and she wouldn't move at all. She had her legs crossed (a lady, just like her mother). I tried walking around a few times and going to the bathroom to get her to move positions, but no luck. I finally did a head stand and she flipped onto her stomach.

You can see in these pictures her little foot and her profile and hand across her belly. She's already a chubby thing. At one point during the ultrasound, she was waving, and her fingers were pretty fat, and she has some fat on her neck. I guess I better lay off the ice cream! But overall, she's a healthy girl who likes to kick quite a bit. She also likes to be curled up in a ball. The technician was making fun of her because she had a ton of room to move around in the uterus, but she was tucked away in one corner. I can't believe how cool ultrasounds are. I saw her open her mouth, and make sucking movements with her mouth. We also obviously saw her lady business close up, her kidneys, the chambers of her heart, you name it. I could have sat there and watched her for hours.

Still the thought of labor freaks me out, so I'm just fine with her staying tucked away in my tummy for a little while longer. Now Nick and I need to start thinking of bedroom colors and names :)

12 comments:

Blackham Family said...

Congralations.So fun I have to aguree. Ultra sounds are just great. The way nature works is wonderful. I was so scared of labor until you just get so big (last month or so) and you feel like your skin cant strech anymore you cant sleep, there is just not enough room in there for anything. Buy that point you are ready and willing to get the little one out quick. so enjoy the stage you are at is it the most comfortable for sure.

Meredith said...

Technology is so cool. What would people a couple hundred years ago have thought of the ability to see your baby in the womb? Probably that you are ensuring that your baby will be a devil child.
Girls Rule! I am going to need to find some girl power clothes for Nick.

Amander said...

Oh my goodness, you can TOTALLY SEE HER. That is so crazy. That's your baby!!!!!!!!

I can't believe you did a headstand?! Really?

Seriously, I am just so excited for you. Knowing what it is just makes it so real.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! Know I will have someone to buy all those cute little girl clothes. I know she'll end up being Nick's little princess. He will be glad he had a girl. You can always get a boy the next time.

Jana said...

wahoo!!

i know lots of cute little girly place to shop (on-line).

Ronell Hugh said...

Conigratulations! I'm excited for you both and Nick you in for it!

Evie Wonder said...

Yeah! It's so much easier shopping for girls! How exciting!

Adam and Bri said...

Congrats, Lex! Gosh, that's exciting.

Papworth's said...

SO FUN!! She's going to be so so cute and have more hair than all of my kids puts together! I love ultra sounds! She looks great!

Maggie said...

Lexela! Congrats. Which London girl name are you to choose? Maggie, obviously the most popular, is taken, but I wouldn't cry if you used it to. PS, labor will be a cinch. Trust me. Get them drugs and you'll just coast along.

AMIT said...

Congrats To You for this.
BPO work from home

denabobena said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I am so excited for you Lexi, what a wonderful mother you will be. Girls are so fun to dress!