Sunday, December 7, 2008

What We're Doing During Christmas Time . . .

1. Making Nick put up lights on our house.
He almost died doing it. We're too poor to buy a ladder, so he got on the roof to put them up, and he fell off the roof. I came outside and the first thing I said, was "You almost died putting those up?" Now, I'm pregnant, so I tend to be even more blunt and rude than usual.




2. Decorating the house with Christmas stuff.
These are cute little wreaths that my Mom made me. Nick and I also cut down a tree on a tree farm. There's about 5 of them within a mile of our house (gotta love Oregon). We felt like we were ruffin' it, cutting down our own tree :) It was fun. However, we decided that we are never paying for a tree again in Oregon. We're just going to go in the middle of the night and cut one down on the side of the road. They're everywhere!



3. Nick studying for finals.
I'm so glad I'm not him!!!



Nick is being grouchy that he has to study for finals, take care of a pregnant woman and endure me making fun of him nonstop. The last few days I've had a hard time sitting next to him because he has a weird smell to him (I have an unusually heightened sense of smell). It's the fetus, it's not me (That's my coin phrase recently)!

4. Working on my growing belly.

I'm trying really hard to have a cute little baby bump, but so far, its just my middle getting fatter and splurging out everywhere (thought you'd like to know). The last few days I had some bad cramps, which my guess is that my uterus was growing, and I've noticed a little bit more of a bump, so hopefully my dreams will come true. P.S. I generally do not wear shirts this tight. Luckily, I have like 1,000 baggy sweaters from high school, so those have come in handy.

P.S.S. The baby now looks officially human (well, minus the clear skin), and its head is getting even smaller, so Carly, I think you may need to write a new letter, your old put downs are no longer accurate.

5 comments:

Amander said...

Love your little belly! Can't wait to see it in person. Can you feel it move yet? My friend told me it felt like she swallowed a goldfish - so you have that to look forward to.

Your house is so cute for Christmas! You always did a great job getting in to the spirit.

Kristina P. said...

You look so cute and pregnant!

Papworth's said...

So fun! I was going to ask you to get a picture of your tummy up. I see the little bump coming!! I always felt so odd during that time because It was like, "am I fat or pregnant." It will come more before you know it and then you won't be able to get off the couch without help or bend over normally to pick something up. It's all well worth it. I love the Christmas lights!! Way to go Nick! I'm so glad he's ok. You should also tell Nick to shower more often so he doesn't smell. Ha Ha! It was Michael's breath for me, I could smell it a mile away and never really could before. I made him use mouth wash constantly. Poor guys.

Jana said...

nicks near death experience was totally worth it. you house looks cute and very much like Christmas.

and the baby bump looks just like that, a baby bump. all cute and warm and little.

have fun when the babys head is DOWN THERE. oh, it is so uncomfortable to walk.

Meredith said...

Sorry I don't have a personal experience to share about a baby bump...but I like yours.
I miss your sweaters.
I hope you are planning to watch home alone. It won't be the same without you.