Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

Nick and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, mostly because we had a nice little break. First Nick found time to organize a little turkey bowl with our ward (of course!) while I slept. Then we went to the Kuykendalls in Eugene, which involved, eating a lot of food, watching the little boys run around, and watching many many old home movies (Nick's favorite part). But it was nice to see and spend time with family. Its especially fun to have the little kids around during the Holidays, it makes it much more entertaining, even though all my my male cousins hate me because I'm a girl - they much prefer Nick.



Here is Nick, Sierra, and some of the cousins: Nash, Hudson, and Jaxon.


Here are the boys harassing Nick.

We then spent the rest of the weekend in P-town with the folks, Sierra, and McKenna. It was pretty low key, with again, more home movies. But it was pretty nice weather, so we were also able to go running and go golfing (it was a big day for me, I was exhausted). It was McKenna's first time golfing ever, so needless to say it was some good entertainment. She had the habit of chasing the ball to pick it up after she hit a bad one.


Sorry the pictures is so blurry, but the sunset was gorgeous. I blame it on McKenna and my crappy camera (shout out for a Christmas present!!!)




My one regret for the weekend was not going back to our ward in Salem on Sunday. Napolean Dynamite's parents are in our ward, and he came to visit. I could have met Napolean!!! And then I could have said to him. "Napolean, what's up with your new Gap commercial?" In case you haven't seen it, here it is. It's weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQDGvzsWY44



2 comments:

Amander said...

Hahaha, and I know you totally would have harassed him if you had seen him.

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving!

Meredith said...

I don't know if you recall, but I met Napolean on the mish. (I used "the" instead of "my" just to annoy Daniel. And I call it mish because I am cool) He came to the visitor center before going to the temple. And I was really excited to see him, so one of the less socially aware sisters asked him if he would take a picture with me. It was one of the more awkward encounters in my life. It was very embarrassing.