Friday, January 30, 2009

"Who's That Sorta Annoying Girl Soccer Player?"

I think about this quote from Rachel in Friends quite often:

"She's like . . . who's that sorta annoying girl soccer player?"
"Mia Hamm?"
"Mia Hamm! She's like Mia Hamm!"

(Rachel is excited about her baby girl kicking inside of her).

My little one is a big kicker. Seriously about every 10 minutes all day and all night. I now realize that I didn't quite know what it was at first, because it felt like gas. I just thought my stomach was bubbling over, but oh no, that is her feet and elbows bumpin' up against my uterus all the time. It is sorta weird, but I love the feeling. It's like she's constantly reminding me that she's there (because believe it or not, as big as my belly is getting, I still do forget). Yesterday, I had another ultrasound (#4), and she had one arm over her face, which she kept jabbing into my side and I could feel it while watching her do it.

With the exception of being tired, I really do love being pregnant. I love getting a belly and just the whole process is fascinating. I think Nick might feel slightly different; he views me as a ticking time bomb, never quite sure what is going to make me cry or upset. But as I explained, its very simple: when I'm well rested and fed, life is good.

On another note, I need help. I'm not very gifted with being creative, particularly with things like fashion or designing, so I need some suggestions for bedroom colors. Here are some samples of patterns that I was considering for bedding. Tell me what you think, HONESTLY! I need some honest feedback. And should I paint my walls. If so, what color?


















10 comments:

Carly said...

I vote emphatically for the pink and green paisley pattern. And I think you should put up white beadboard on the bottom half of the walls and paint the top half the same color green that is in the pattern (maybe a little lighter). That way you can do a pink and green theme, but the green things are more permanent (like the wall color- most people don't love pink walls, but a soft green is still somewhat neutral)

Amander said...

Love that you, once again, proved that real life is just like "Friends".

Also, I have to agree with Carly, I was going to vote for the pink and green paisley. She had a good idea for the walls too. Pick up the green color vs. the pink

Papworth's said...

I like the paisley better. I like pastels alot for babies. I think they're soothing and sweet. Also, if you are considering painting the walls, you can use a lighter color and there are lots that go with that pattern. It's also not super frilly. My first reaction to the other one is that it kinda reminds me of Hawaii. It's still cute just bright and tropical. P.S. Love your friends comment and love that your enjoying the kicking, it's fun and so neat.

Dr. Relay said...

not the one that looks like my grandmas night gown. disgusting!!!

-this is from me nick

Meredith said...

My first reaction was that I like the first one better- purely because of the colors. Those are the colors of my bedroom and I always like blue over pink. But I like the pattern for the second one better.
The first one is probably a little dark for a baby's room.
Those are my honest thoughts.

Jana said...

second one. #2. you have to do pink for a new baby. its a must. that fabric would be totally cute with a polka dot design mixed in. is grandma going to make the bedding? lucky girl!

Carrie Ross said...

My vote is for the pink paisley! I like the girly frilly stuff...go figure!

Nick and Lexie said...

Okay Jana, but pink is not my fav. I was trying to avoid using it if I could. But I do like the idea about the polka dots! I love polka dots in general.

And yes, my Mom is going to make the bedding. I'm very lucky I have a mom who is so talented. She knitted me this adorable orange sweater that she gave us for Christmas. It was SO cute! Too bad none of those sewing genes were passed down to me.

The Dailys said...

Lexi- You look so cute pregnant! It was so great to see you, I wish I could have stayed longer at the sleep-over. Keep us updated on the baby.
The paisly would be so cute in a nursery!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Good lord, this drivel is painful.