Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Winter Break and a Really Really Ridiculously Long Post

Nick and I had a great and long and relaxing Winter Break in Utah, where we got to see family and friends. Unfortunately, I can't find the cord to my camera, so I posted random pictures off
of the internet, as to not bore you and entice you to read my post :)

I flew to Utah from Portland, after a very very long delay, and got into the SLC airport at 3 a.m.. The crazy thing was that I had never seen the airport so crazy. There was luggage everywhere! I was just glad I got in, because apparently because of the snow in Portland, a lot of flights were canceled.

This is what SLC looked like flying into it, only dark.

We attended church, in what triggered my memory of a huge ward with a bazillion babies and so loud that I have to focus very hard to hear the speaker (our old ward in Orem was the same). But it was wonderful with beautiful Christmas music, and I was grateful to be reminded of the Savior during Christmas time.

Then Mike, Julie, Nick, and I all went to St. George for a few days. The plan was for it to be warm, but we made due even with snow on the ground. We had fun playing hours of tennis (although Nick's slice almost made me pull my back trip over myself). We went golfing and it was FREEZING! We saw a few movies, played games, went hot tubbing, and did a little bit of shopping. I found maternity clothes that don't look terrible! It was SO much fun just spending time together.

Okay, so it wasn't this bad, you could actually see the fairway. But it was pretty cold.


\We came back in time for Christmas Eve. We had a great dinner with the Cottle clan, played Rock Band, and stayed up way too late making gingerbread houses. I slept in probaby the latest I have on Christmas, and I probably could have slept a few hours more. But we opened all of our presents. There were so many great ones, but perhaps my favorite was the Brett Favre jersey Nick got as a onesy. I thought that he bought it before we found out we were having a girl, but he didn't. Yeah! Nick will turn our little girl into Favre fan (although I doubt anyone could ever be as much as Nick). We followed up Christmas with our traditional german pancakes and spent a relaxing Christmas day together.



The week after Christmas, Nick and I were able to spend time with some of our friends that we have missed since moving. It started to feel like we were living in Utah and everything was normal. Thanks Amander, Daniel, Carly, Annie, Steven, Meredith, Blake and Blake, Anne, Mary, and Maggie for taking time to see us. We wish we could see you more often. But you're welcome to visit any time!



Now its back to regular life, and I'm exhausted!!! I guess you can never sleep too much when you have a growing fetus inside you.









1 comment:

Amander said...

I'm so glad you came to visit! It totally felt like things were normal. Can't wait to spend the whole weekend with you soon!