Wednesday, November 11, 2009

She just wants to be a big girl

I am convinced Briz just doesn't really enjoy being a baby. There are a few things that I can always count on to make her happy, but one of them is to be standing. I'm hoping that when she starts walking, she'll never cry again. This is a completely realistic wish right?

She has been able to stand for a while, but we put her facing the couch, and holding on to it. A few weeks ago, Nick thought it would be fun to have her balance with the couch behind her. The biggest problem with this is that she will attempt to walk, and try to take steps forward. I am strongly discouraging Nick from doing this a lot because I really want her to crawl (which she has no desire to do at the moment). However, I couldn't help enjoy her being so happy while she thinks she's a big girl.

She's a little skinny minny, but yes, she does have quite a double chin (and rice cereal, spit up, druel and all sorts of fun stuff get stuck in it, which I generally don't discover until bath time).

P.S. This is the cutest little jumper ever. My aunt bought it in Italy a long time ago, but it used to be one of my favorite things to put her in. It's now too small :( I feel like anytime a clothing of item I love is retired, I need to mourn just a little bit.

2 comments:

Amander said...

Her double chin is funny looking because she is so skinny!

I love your theory that Briz doesn't enjoy being a baby. I hope she doesn't start walking soon for your sake!

Kelly Munns said...

i've ALWAYS had a double chin...some things are just hereditary. and we're on for tomorrow. let's try to meet at the temple at like 11:30? does that work for you?