Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Disneyworld Part I

We took off for Disneyland for Spring Break with the Cottle clan.  It was a crazy, chaotic, awesome week.  We were wiped out for about a week after.  But it was well worth it.  We did a lot in a small amount of time, so it will take a few posts.  

DAY I: Animal Kingdom


Briz hadn't flown on an airplane for about a year, and she was pretty stoked.  She had earned her backpack with stickers before we left, and she was so excited to carry it around.  It was so weird getting ready to fly, because I didn't need to pack much for the flight.  I kept thinking I was forgetting stuff, but nope, my girl is just getting way too big.


We got into our condo about 2 a.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. to go to Animal Kingdom the next day.  Yes, we are crazy (keep in mind the three hour time change).  But even still, Briz was awesome. 


We loved the Kilamanjaro Safari so much we went on it twice.  We saw cool animals, including these huge ostriches, and their huge ostrich eggs.



I don't remember the names of these animals, or most of them really, but they were pretty cool looking.


And this gorilla was huge!



We spent quite a bit of time in Dinosaur land.  And Briz went on the big, scary Dinosaur ride.  I was a little freaked out by the very real Dinosaurs continually lunging at me, so I was impressed with how brave Briz was.


Mike and Julie got Briz and her cousins, Libby and Kloey, their own special lanyard and purses.  They ordered all of these pins, and they started exchanging them with Disney workers at Animal Kingdom.    It was pretty fun for both old and young to try to find the ones we wanted.  They also got them their very own autograph books.  Briz put it to great use cause she met a bunch of her favorite characters.


Briz LOVES her cousins so much.  She had so much fun being with them and having a slumber party for a whole week (they all slept in the same bed).  


On the "Not-so-exciting-but-very-much-needed-for-rest-train."




Who knew there was a Rafiki character?  Good find Brittany!


Jacci paid for all of the little girls to get their face painted.  Briz was very serious during the painting.


In the face painting demo booklet, Seth found his twin.



Did I mention Briz loves her cousins?  Seth and Whit brought their double stroller which was so nice, particularly since, if we needed to, we could squeeze all three girls in there.  


Briz found the boy and Doug from Up.  She was pretty excited about it.  This made me laugh cause it reminded me of when Briz was a chubby little baby, and some of her friends got the boy and Briz mixed up.  They had a similar look :)


I made him pose with the Tree of Life, because it was so cool looking.  I was freaking out a bit.

No comments: