Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter 2014

I think I decided that Easter is my new favorite Holiday.  It's a beautiful time of the year, it's getting warmer outside, flowers and trees are blossoming everywhere, and it smells so good everywhere.  I love talking about the resurrection with our family.  It makes us excited and hopeful to be with Holland again and with each other.  And then of course, I love a lot of Easter candy :)




Papa took Briz on a date to see the Easter Bunny at the mall.  She thought it was a little strange that he had glasses, but still gave him a lot of hugs.


Briz dyed eggs with Nick the day before Easter.  Lots of interesting art work.  They also made sugar cookies.  What a domestic dad.


We had a wonderful ward Easter egg hunt and breakfast the day before as well.  We had a huge turnout, and it was a nice chance to remember the purpose of Easter as there was a small program about the Savior.    


Easter morning was really fun at our house. Papa and Nona came over to join in the festivities.  Before our Easter Egg Hunt, we had a lesson about the Savior's atonement, crucifixion, and resurrection.  Briz and Nick then went on an Easter egg hunt outside, and we opened our Easter baskets. Briz was most excited about her miniature Ariel and the movie, Frozen.  She kept asking, "How did the Easter Bunny know that I wanted these?!"   


You can't quite tell from the picture, but I curled Brizzy's hair before church, and she loved it.  She liked to walk with an extra bounce in her step so her hair would bounce up and down.  I told her she looked like an Easter Princess, and I am pretty sure she took me literally.  

After church, we went to the Cottle family Easter party.  It was fun to see everyone, but by then I was a bit maxed out.  My contractions were really bad that night.  I couldn't stand up without being in quite a bit of pain, and had to get into labor mindset to help with the contractions (that involved a lot of intense breathing and my loud labor moaning).  Strangely enough, still not too worried about anything because there has been no bleeding and the contractions are very irregular.  Just need to learn my lesson and try not to do too much.    I blame Easter.



No comments: