Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Friiiday night

I am pretty sure when I try to think of titles for my blog posts, about 94%  of the time, they end up being lyrics to rap songs.

We started a tradition a few months ago, in an attempt to avoid sitting around at home on the weekends (this is obviously Nick's idea).  On Friday night, we try to do something fun with Briz.  By the time we all get home from work and school, it doesn't leave us much time, so we usually do something small, like play a game, watch a movie, etc.  And since I've been pregnant, we haven't been as diligent about keeping up the tradition.  But with it getting warmer outside, I get excited about our Friday nights.  I love walking down to the ice cream store, going for bike rides, playing tennis.  Clearly, I can't do any of those things right now, but I get excited thinking about it.

Last Friday, we had a coupon for a frozen yogurt place to try out.  I was laughing looking at our selections of frozen yogurt because it seemed to fit each of us quite well.



Brizzy's chocolate sorbet complete with fruit loops, sprinkles, and gummy bears.  Sick.



Nick's overload of peanut butter and chocolate.  


And my obsession with all things fruity: blackberry sorbet with blueberries and strawberries.  Eating is pretty disappointing these days because I get so full so dang easy.   And not to mention the heartburn.  I have reverted back to my usual pregnancy tactic of carrying around a costco size container of Tums in my purse.  


Life has been much more simple the last few weeks and I'm learning to get used to it and even enjoy it a lot of the time.  But I love having little outings with these two goofballs.

4 comments:

Carly said...

I didn't realize Nick was such a fan of peanut butter and chocolate. Smart man.

Amander N said...

Brian overloads his frozen yogurt with peanut butter and chocolate, too. It's his favorite.

And I hear you on the tums. Who knew I'd need the Costco size?

Steven said...

I want some frozen yogurt right now. I would go with nick's choice and then a few tums. Although I don't like tums...they are just the lesser of two evils.

Meredith said...

HAHA! I did it again- this is Meredith not Steven. But this time I am relaxing on the couch and using our tv as a monitor. (Oh pregnancy) PS sorry if my neighbors can all read your blog through my windows.