Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Ainge Cabin Time

Last year I started to get a little fed up with my family not getting together more often.  So I decided that we should have family reunions every year, and we would simply rotate who was in charge.  I decided to take the first year since it was my idea.  Wasn't the best year for me to be in charge :/ With pregnancy, moving, and having a baby, I didn't plan as well as I would have liked.  So, we opted to go to our family cabin, and everyone ended up helping out a ton.

We had so much fun.  I love seeing all of the cousins together, playing in the sand and water.  And surprisingly, everyone got along very well.  No fights or anything :)


Papa and Nona rented a boat for the weekend, which was awesome.  We all got to surf, wakeboard, and tube a ton.



Nick made Briz surf.  I was afraid he had traumatized her when he surprised her by jumping off the board.  She fell but forgot to let go of the rope.  She was such a little trooper though and tried again the next day.


We had a great set up with Wembley's little portable crib.  I was so excited that she finally fit into her smallest swimming suit.  Not that she needed it because the water is not warm, but she's got to look the part!

This was my first and only time at the cabin this summer, but I'm glad I was able to go at least once and spend some time with my family.  Next year's reunion . . . Hawaii!!!

No comments: