Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Disney Adventure

I really wanted to take Briz to Disneyland.  It had been two years which isn't a long time but I knew she would LOVE it this year.  My sister and I were trying to figure out how to swing it and after changing her mind about a hundred times, I ended up getting a sweet deal.  I went to Disneyland with Briz for two days just us.  My sister was nice enough to watch Wembley the first day; she came up and joined us and then Paul and their babysitter watched Wembley the second day.  I was a little nervous but Wembley did great.  And I had SO much fun with Briz.  We went crazy, running about half the time to rides.

Briz was freaking out about tower of terror, but was so brave.  I knew that once the dark part with the video was done she would have fun.  She loved the dropping, but was still a bit reluctant to go again.


You can't really see us in the picture, we are in the middle row to the left. 


We were able to meet a lot of princesses: Tiana, Ariel, Elsa and Anna, Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel.  We also met Lightning McQueen.  And we waited about ten minutes for Elsa and Anna and that was it.  She had a particular affinity towards Tiana this time because her personality test said she was most like her: ambitious and determined.  Yep. 


After the first day, we went back to the hotel and we went swimming.  Briz made some special notes for her Dad because she didn't want him to feel left out.


Briz loved the Buzz lightyear ride.  She was very concerned about comparative points.  So competitive.


We took Dane on Mickeys Wheel of Fun and he wasn't so sure about it.  Briz loved being the expert telling him all about the ride.


Briz brought some money so she could get a souvenir and this is what she bought.  It was a touch decision for her, and I'm pretty sure those ears have been lost since the day after she got home, but hey, she thought she was pretty special for a few of those days.  I told her if she bought them she had to wear them the whole time.




Oh I forgot, she also met Sophia the First.  She was really confused why she didn't talk though.


On the second day she started to get really whiney and I was not having that, so I made her lay down on the bench for 45 minutes.





A few things Brizzy loved: Space Mountain, the Frozen Sing a long and It's a Small World.  It was absolute magic being there with her.  I feel really lucky we were able to go and have so much fun.  I don't have a lot of patience for Disneyland when its crowded and with whiney babies, so this was pretty much my ideal.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow going with just your almost 6 year old sounds like the perfect disney land trip!

Amander N said...

That sounds like an amazing trip to be able to take with just Briz (and Wembley, I guess). Loved all the pictures! I'm jealous of all of your travels.