Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Freezing!

Once again, Nick and I went to our favorite spot this weekend, our family cabin. I love going there because it gives me an excuse to not shower the whole weekend, all in the name of being "outdoorsy." We were all geared up for wakeboarding and waterskiing, but instead, it almost snowed. It was 35 degrees one night, and not usually above 55 during the day. Nick and I did jump in the water one night, but it was too cold to stay in longer than 5 seconds. But we still had an extremely enjoyable weekend with David, Stacy, Sisi, and the Kuykendalls. On Saturday, we decided to go to Crater Lake, since I had never been. Can you believe it! I went to high school in Oregon and still never went. I could not consider myself a true Oregonian until I had been there.


I could not believe how blue the water was.

I kind of think the background looks fake. But oh no, it's not. I don't know what weird face Nick is making. He's weird.

I like this picture because of the beautiful scenery and because of Nick's body language. He is telling a very engaging story. Either that, or else he just smelled something nasty.

Saturday night we went with my Dad and James (uncle) to the Oregon Ducks game, and felt very special sititng in the VIP section. We actually mostly just felt young, because there were a lot, a lot, of old Ducks fan. It was a fun game to watch, particularly Washington get the crap beaten out of them. I also enjoyed listening to the chants from the Ducks which mostly were just , "F#$% you Huskies!" Very creative! (P.S. I tried to fit in by wearing my "Duck Off! Duck You!" tee-shirt).

There was a guy sitting behind my Dad who kept rubbing his shoulders. Hahaha. For anyone who knows my Dad, you can imagine how much he enoyed this. The guy was a little drunk and was not getting the message even when my Dad told him to stop it.

Nick is teaching our little cousins (Nash and Jaxon) to shoot bebe guns. They had a full-on brawl later where they put on masks, a.k.a swim goggles and binis, and ran around the forest shooting each other.

Sunday, still being really cold, my Mom and I decided to go on a nearby hike to Fawn Lake. You might think my Mom was trying to be artsy with her picture, but she is just really bad at taking pictures.

2 comments:

Amander said...

Crater lake looks *amazingly* beautiful! What a fun weekend.

I love your mom's "artsy" picture.

Meredith said...

I laughed several times while reading this post and read to Steven what you wrote. You make me laugh. I wish we could actually talk on the phone sometime...maybe someday.