Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am cheap

So don't take my title to mean the wrong thing, but I really am cheap. It's something that I am very aware of and it can be a bad thing at times. But I pay attention to money and find eternal joy when I discover that I have saved money or gotten a bargain. Today I was driving to work and I realized that I have not had to fill up my car in over a month!!!!

The last few years, I have been commuting up and down Utah, driving anywhere from Salt Lake to Orem. And now, I drive five minutes to work in downtown Salem. I seriously almost cried for joy when I realized this. Not to be sacriligious, (or sacrilicious as Meredith would say), but it's truly a "tender mercy" from the Lord. My lean green Honda machine has served me well. And now I don't have to fast for gas prices to go down (although it couldn't hurt).



7 comments:

Amander said...

Seriously, that is awesome! I have noticed that too, now that I'm living in Sandy. It's so nice!

Evie Wonder said...

We're big lovers of Hondas, too! When we went to the BYU vs. Washington game last weekend we got 40 miles to the gallon! Cheap is good and Hondas are better!

Amander said...

Happy, happy birthday Lexie dear! I called you, but I am sure you are doing something super fun with your family. Let's talk soon!

Kristina P. said...

You fit right in with the earth loving hippies in Portland.

And happy belated birthday!

Julia said...

Yeah, I finally found you! Even though I'm not very good at updating my own blog, I love to look at everyone elses! So glad you're in our ward now!!

Meredith said...

I love not spending the money to commute to SLC. Cheap is good. I think that is part of the reason we are friends. Remember when we ate cheese, bread, apples and occasionally dried cereal to save money on our road trips in England. We're so weird.

Papworth's said...

So great to hear from you!! So great to hear about your money saving machine too! I walk everywhere since we've moved downtown, it's fantastic. We hardly ever get gas and we have a jeep. Not mention the wonderful exercise I get. We're excited to see you guys!!!! Will can hardly wait.