Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Belated B-day

It has taken me a while to post about my b-day. But I have been pretty tired, recovering from the party that it was. Actually, no, I've just been lazy. Nick took me to the coast for my b-day. It was so fun and relaxing. I love the Oregon coast, even if its not the warmest weather! The fact that it was sunny was pretty much all we could ask for.
Nick and I bought a 99 cent Ninja Turtle kite from Walgreens. We were very impressed with its high flying abilities. While we flew our kite, we watched the local surfing competition.


This was our cute hotel we stayed on, right on the water. Our hotel room was the bottom one on the right. It was so relaxing sitting on our deck, reading, listening to the ocean.
This was our view. We were on a little bay right off of the coast.
I got really warm after playing volleyball with Nick, so I decided it was worth the pain, and I went in the water. Once my feet got numb, it wasn't even cold!

Mo's has the best clam chowder!
There were a ton of sealions out on the coast just hanging out. Nick is imitating them.

We took a long walk on the beach, and watched the sunset.
On my actual b-day, we went to my parents house and my Mom cooked me a fabulous meal. It was mostly fabulous cause I didn't have to cook it. I opened presents and Nick gave me a beginning of the school year blessing. The best present I got was a new brown, leather, loveseat. I'll have to post a picture of it. But it is SO nice. The couch in our office so I can start my counseling business. I had a great b-day and felt very loved.



3 comments:

Amander said...

That looks like such a fun and relaxing weekend! Good job Nick.

And I am jealous you are setting up a counseling office already. I seriously may have to come up there and join one day.

Also, I promise I'll email you back soon.

Jana said...

ewww! for your information i am spiritual.

and happy late birthday.

Cristi Benedict said...

Happy birthday Lexie! I'm so jealous you got to visit the coast. The beach is the best place ever. Glad you had fun.