Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and some more

This weekend was great. As I was complaining about being pregnant last post, this post reveals the positives of being pregnant: baby showers! Okay, well, I actually don't really like showers. I think they're awkward, and I do not like the pressure that is put on me when I have to open presents in front of people. But my wonderful friends Julia and Megan put on an awesome shower, and it was seriously so much fun. All of the women that came are just so funny, and we had great conversations about motherhood, labor, boobs, you name it. My favorite were the little boob cupcakes, and the bottle drinking contest. We stayed up way too late talking about life (which I can never do too much of). And we were a little wiped out the next day. Thanks you guys and for everyone that came that made me feel so loved (P.S. Julia - I need some pics).

Following the baby shower was a great Easter Sunday. After church, I went up to the Cottle gathering in Portland where we had a potluck dinner and a little Easter Egg hunt for the kids. Nick is a crazy busy man these days, so I was the single representative of our family. I feel so lucky to have such a great extended family of in-laws. They have always made me feel like I am just one of them. The exception to that, is of course, Marc who the second he walked in started scratching all over his body. Really funny!!!! It's always fun to be around Ann and Brandon. Ann and I are two weeks apart, so we always have plenty of pregnancy stuff to talk about. Here are some pics from Sunday.

I am trying to start getting all the cousins on board for changing diapers. Nobody seems to be too excited about it yet!

My favorite moment of the night was when Marc self declared himself a metro sexual (he's in the third picture from the bottom, wearing the 80's track suit, the baggy tee shirt, and loafers). We told him that generally metro sexuals dress slightly different, and they aren't usually self declared :)

A wonderful Easter. Next year I'll have an almost one year old. Freaky!!!

2 comments:

Amander said...

Woah, you saying that you will have a one year old really freaked me out. I can handle you having a baby, but an actual KID? I'm not sure I'm ready for that :)

Looks like a fun Easter!

denabobena said...

HI Lexie. I have to say I am feeling so sad, and yes, very, very old seeing my little girl pregnant! But I am so happy for you. You look so cute and happy! It goes by fast so enjoy it, kind of hard right now, but from the hospital on it all goes to fast. I need to get your email so I can invite you onto my blog.