Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Amnios are not fun

I had an amniocentesis today, and it was painful. I had to endure two separate needles going into my belly. The first one was numbing medicine, and it stung like fire. And the second was the long one that goes into my uterus. It was a really weird feeling having something that deep into me. It did not feel good.

But its over and her lungs are mature enough, so I'm going in tomorrow morning to deliver my baby. Yeah! So the pain was probably just a preview of what I will experience, but that's okay, because I'll have my little girl to hold :) Wish me luck. I think I'll need it!

4 comments:

Amander said...

No, big needles do not seem fun!

I am excited she is developed - and even more excited that you actually get to have her tomorrow. Good luck!

Julia said...

I cant believe you're a mom. I've been thinking of you and cant wait to come see you! I would have been pacing at the hospital yesterday if I wasnt told that that was a little wierd.

Kelly Munns said...

hahaha, i feel the same way as julia. i know you guys havent seen me in like a million years, but i swear i'm still active and totally thinking of you! can't wait to see this precious little thing.

Jana said...

i cant wait to see pictures!!! happy you guys are both happy and healthy!!!