Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fabiola Esperanza Cottle


I finally decided that I will be delivering Baby Girl Cottle on May 5th, Cinco de Mayo. I had a hard time deciding which day I should deliver. April 30 was tempting because it was sooner and since my hands and feet have become sausages, I thought it might be nice to get her out of me. Plus, April 30th is the day that Eva Braun and Adolf Hitler committed suicide, always a nice thing to remember!

But May 5th works better for Nick's schedule and I'm trying to be a good wife. And it is Cinco de Mayo. That, of course, means I will name her something Hispanic to celebrate the occassion. Just think, this is what our little girl could become.

Besides Cinco de Mayo, May 5th is a special day because its the day that :

Christopher Columbus claims Jamaica for Spain

Napolean dies in exile on the island of Saint Helena

The first train robbery took place in North Bend, Ohio

Cy Young, as a pitcher on the Boston Americans, threw the first perfect game in modern baseball

Karl Marx' birthday

So, ya know, it's a pretty special day.

6 comments:

Amander said...

I had declined to comment on the last post because I didn't know!

It's going to be a special day because baby girl cottle is going to be born that day. Oh my goodness - I can't wait!

sanjay said...

I must just a matter of this time. He is best Adolhitler for him so decide which day i should buy.
Low Price Home Appliances

sanjay said...

Hi,
This is very interesting blog . I just wanted to say thanks you for writing and giving your knowledge to such an informative helpful blog.
So thanks!
Carol Brunett

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

I can support Cinco de Mayo but only if you give her a hispanic name! :)

Meredith said...

What is up with that sanjay character. The first comment is random words - we are supposed to believe that is a real person?

Um, I was a little insulted you didn't add the the day I lost my virginity on your list of things that happened on May 5th. Sorry that might be TMI for your friends that don't know me. I mean the day I was married to my wonderful husband.

Evie Wonder said...

Good choice! This way you get to do a girls' weekend with us!