Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm Big and Bored

This last week has not been my favorite. One of my cousin's wrote me an e-mail this last week and told me she thought that the last month of pregnancy was hell, and um, yeah, I agree.

Lucky for you, I'm going to tell you all of the fun incidents I have had this week that explain my pessimistic outlook at the moment.

Monday was an absolutely gorgeous day. It was about 77 degrees here in Salem, and for those of you who have been here, that is actually pretty hot. I had two doctor's appointments that day, in which I found out that I would be returning the next day for more monitoring (as well as Thursday and Friday). The baby wasn't moving very well, and my doctor brought up that it might be necessary to have an ultrasound. I kept my cool all day because I had to go back to work. And then I told myself I wouldn't get upset because I was going to go home and enjoy the lack of rain. I was planning on working in my yard, which very much needed it, all day. I weeded for about thirty minutes and my back was about to give out. I tried starting the lawn mower, but no luck. And I lost it! I had a break down and kept telling myself, "I can't do anything!"

Since then, every day I go home after school, try to find as much to do as possible: laundry, dishes, play the piano, watch a little t.v., read blogs, etc. I know what you're thinking, "She's complaining about not having anything to do?" But the thing is, there is so much that needs to get done to prepare for the baby and do around the house. But by the time I get home from work, I'm hot, sweaty, itchy, tired, and my feet hurt. If I try to push myself too much, I either a) have a melt down b) find that I can't really move the next day or c) get a guilt trip from Nick.

And a new dilemma I discovered today: I don't have any shoes I can wear. I now understand where the whole "barefoot and pregnant" thing came from. I want to be bear foot all the time, even at work on the nasty school floors. I have started wearing flip flops, so I can itch my feet whenever I want. But I can hardly walk my feet hurt so bad by the end of the day. So today I wore tennis shoes. Big mistake! I was sweating like a pig all day, and my feet felt like they were on fire. It's really a no win situation.

I apologize for the venting session, but that's just how bored I am. Luckily, only a few weeks to go!!!

7 comments:

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

wow...haha, sounds like your really enjoying the whole end of pregnancy thing. haha, jk. I'm sorry your so miserable. But once that sweet little baby gets here...it's a whole new list of things you can't do. haha, jk...but kinda serious too. Welp, it's coming soon. I'm so excited for you!

Tamara said...

Well, darlin'... you might not have to wait that long. If your cholestasis is not getting better and if that little cookie has baked enough to have lungs that will work, they need to get her out of the oven. I hope the perinatologist explained things to you. Hang in there, and please feel free to call us anytime... Jonathan can answer your questions. And I had the horrible itching for the last two months of both pregnancies-- the first one with twins, in the sweltering hell-hole of rainforest Houston. It's lovely, isn't it? But when she's in your arms it'll be like it never happened... :)

Blackham Family said...

I have always considered that the ways lord of helping you out. Let me explain that sounds a little crazy. I like most first time moms was so scared of labor until i started feeling many of those all to familar symptoms you are describing. Then when you get to that point you just feel like get this thig out I am not scared anymore. I am sorry though I can am sure many other pregnant girls can relate and say it is frustrating. Good luck I have a feeling it is close.

Amander said...

That sounds seriously miserable. I hope baby comes soon for your sake!

Julia said...

It sounds like you need a party to get your mind off of things. How about tonight? :)

Papworth's said...

I totally understand! I will admit that I laughed as I read that. It does help to vent and complain, do it all you want! All I can say and all I was thinking about was FRIENDS. Yep, watch the episodes of Phoebe's pregnancy and Rachels. That will at least make you laugh because you can relate!! I laugh so hard everytime still! Hang in there! It will be over soon. P.S. We definitely need to go to Disneyland! Tell Nick that Michael loves Disneyland too! We'll get Nick to love it!

Jillian said...

Hi Lexie, You don't know us, but my husband served with Nick in Australia. My husband is Beau Reynolds and we came across your blog and he wanted to say Hi. He was wondering how you guys were doing, you can visit our blog as well!! Hope to hear from you.
The Reynolds