Monday, April 27, 2009

Good Baby News

I had a few doctor's appointments today, and found out some surprising information:

I discovered that I am currently dilated to a 3 and am having contractions. My doctor came in and asked me, "Did you know you were having contractions?" I was like, uh, no. The other day my stomach got pretty tight so I had to stop what I was doing, but I just thought she was moving around. My doctor told me that there's a good chance I could deliver before May 5th. I was like, huh??? I have an amnio on Wednesday, and she said that if I wanted to, and everything from the amnio comes back normal, I could come in the next day to deliver. But either way, I'm excited because they don't have to put me on pitosin right away, they're just going to break my water and see how my body reacts. Hopefully I will just go into labor. My Mom got me all excited, cause she goes, "You're already 1/3 of the way done!" That is excellent news, because recently, I have been a little bit scared of contractions (although I do understand that the pain becomes exponentially worse).

We also had an ultrasound in which we found out her weight and everything. She is 6 pounds 11 ounces, which is a little bit smaller than what I thought she would be. She was moving like a crazy woman (and I can feel every little movement). She was exactly where I thought she was. Her head right on top of my bladder. She loves to roll her head around all the time. And she was sucking on her thumb. At one point it looked like she was sucking on four fingers. And her butt is up in my ribs. I think she tries to stretch and stick her butt out, because I can feel it all the time, blocking my ability to breathe. Every once in a while she'll kick me in the ribs, but its mostly her booty.

I had no idea my body was preparing for labor. I've just been walking around, doing things like normal. It's crazy!!! But I'm excited that things are progressing and that she's healthy (and that her head isn't too big!). I am very proud that my girl is early :)

8 comments:

Amander said...

Tell her that her Aunt Amanda is proud of her for being early too! I'm so glad the news is good - I'm sort of freaking out for you right now. Wish I could be there! Good luck, Lex! (And I expect a text from you when you do go in to labor and/or birth your child).

Nick and Lexie said...

I will text you. I'm also going to bring my laptop to the hospital. I just realized I need to pack. I was just going to do it the day before on Monday, but I guess I should be ready just in case.

Maggie said...

Aunt Amanda? pa-sha. What are you trying to pull Mander? Anyway, Lexie, that is so exciting! I have patients come in a lot of the time who are like 3-4 cm dilated and told by someone else to come in because they don't think it's anything. you're not alone. better than being a labor wannabe. If you hate your nurse, call me, and I'll kick her ars. Good luck my friend!

Meredith said...

That is nuts!! Your fetus is on the move. Kind of funny that you spent time trying to decide when to have her - and she is probably going to make the decision herself. Good luck with that.

Papworth's said...

My goodness! If you didn't know you were having contractions and you're at a 3, I'd say you're doing pretty good! Maybe things will be easy breezy for you! I won't speak too soon. However, I was getting an epideral when I was at a 3, then again, I started having contractions and feeling them when I was around 21 weeks. Crazy how everyone is different. But, I hope that does make you feel like you're doing great!! Don't be scared, this is it!! You're done! Just one last thing to do! It will all go away when they put that beautiful little one in your arms. Your mom is right too, you're like 1/3 of the way done!!! I am so excited!!!!

Jana said...

good luck little lady. contracions just feel like pooh cramps--so its really hard to know if theres a poop on the way, or a baby. you will know in the end. hee

Nick and Lexie said...

That's what I've noticed! When my stomach gets all crampy and I have to use the toilet, I start timing!

Ashlee said...

It's all so exciting! Good luck to you and I can't wait to hear...