Thursday, August 27, 2009

Poo, Glorious Poo

For some reason I have had the musical Oliver stuck in my head for a while. I really need to watch it soon, because I love it. Or I guess I could watch Disney's Oliver and Company and maybe that would do it for me . . . "Why Should I Worry, why should I caaaare . . ." (I love that song).

Anyhoo, my friend Tamara inspired me tonight to update my blog with Brizzy's latest poo story.

So she didn't go poo for a good 6 days. When this happens, I'm always a little on edge, wondering when and how its going to happen, cause I know its gonna be a big one. Every time she grunts, her cheeks turn pink, or her eyes get watery and focused, I try to quickly prepare myself mentally and emotionally. We were up at our family cabin at Crescent Lake (well, really the neighbor's, but that's neither here nor there), and she was a little cranky. Who wouldn't be with it backed up for a good week? We had been there for a few days and were out on the dock one evening. I think it may have been Krista's first time holding her since we had been there, and she was the lucky target. She was holding Briz in one of her favorite positions and all of a sudden I hear a few gasps and a couple laughs. It dripped out the side, onto my aunt's leg and onto the towel. Instead of taking my daughter from her, I grabbed my camera, cause it was a good photo op. I'm planning on using these on Brizzy's first date or showing it to her future spouse when she gets engaged . . . to warn him. But she seems to pick her favorite people to poo on, so that's a compliment if she ever does poo on you.

I'm happy to report that she has been pooing fairly consistently the last week or so. For those of you who didn't want to know, I apologize. But that's your fault for visiting my blog. Come back soon :)

6 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

haha sick! poor baby.

Amander said...

I love that you immediately got a picture of it. And I love that you have poo stories now.

Nick and Lexie said...

Well truth be told Mander, I've always had poo stories, but now they're about a baby, so they're cute. Anything babies do is cute. So she can belch really loud, or poo all over everybody, but its still cute!

Tamara said...

Hahaha, more poo stories-- AWESOME. I'm happy to be the inspiration for that. :) Thanks again for coming the other night, by the way. It was a super small group, but fun.

And I LOVE your new blog design!!

Cristi Benedict said...

That is hilarious!!! I LOVE the picture! Oh the joys of poo! Something I get to look forward too when we have kids.

Julia said...

you are so wierd! :)

Not sure if i'm happy or not to be in the "favorite people" group. j/k. I love that girl. Blowouts and all!