I wanted to share a few of our favorite things about going to Hawaii (as well as the rest of our pictures). But I realized soon after that thought, that there really aren't just a FEW things. There are a lot of things . . . and a lot of pictures. So sorry, but get yourself comfortable.
1. The sunshine. Duh. And not just the sun, but the warm warm sun.
2. Briz wearing her new adorable Hannah Anderson swimsuit. It ALMOST fit. As you can see, what was supposed to be a tankini, really quickly turned into a quasi-bikini. We love her big buddha belly (well, most of the time).
3. Papa and Nona being there with us and helping take care of Briz.
9. Spending time as a family. It was so nice to spend more than just a weekend together. There's never enough time. (This picture could have been cute but my eyes were closed).
11. Eating sandy food. Why in the world is Briz cool with eating a sandwich completely covered in sand but yet, will not go anywhere near peanut butter? One of the strange mysteries of the toddler world.
15. Spreading the Nike brand across Maui.
16. Nick boogieboarding and doing it quite well. The word for Nick on his board is gutsy. There are other words that come to mind, but this is a family blog so I will keep it clean.
17. The beautiful blue water. We didn't do a ton of snorkeling, but the little bit that we did was awesome.
18. Making Briz try boogieboarding. She was terrified and no big surprise, but she got knocked over by a wave and was scarred for a few days.
19. Briz being absolutely obsessed with Hudson. Or should I say, "Hudthon." He was very nice to her, especially as she followed him around with his cousins and friends. Briz thought she was one of the big kids.
21. Briz wanted to play in the sand for hours and hours. It was her absolute favorite thing to do. She kept saying she was making pink chocolate and wanted to feed everybody. She also manipulated everybody into going to fill her bucket with water because she was afraid of the waves.
23. Briz being confused about the difference between the beach and Hawaii. She thought the beach was Hawaii, and every time we left to go back to the house, she would say, "I miss Hawaii." I think she may have finally caught on by the time we left, but I'm still not really sure.
24. Lots and lots of reading. I was completely engrossed in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I loved it. There is nothing quite like reading on the beach and falling asleep mid page.
25. Nick having a boogie-boarding partner. Since Sandy and Luke and Hudson live in Alaska, we don't get to see them much. So it was fun just seeing them and spending time with them. Plus, Luke and Nick are crazy on the boogie boards together and that's always entertaining.
34. Hot tubbin' it up.
36. Crazy huge waves. They were awesome. And Nick decided to boogie board in them. There were a few times where I was in complete shock watching him take massive waves. He has absolutely no fear. I wish I was more like that.
42. Taking a canoe out to the middle of the ocean one morning with Nick and Briz and watching whales jump all over the place. Also, spurring on Briz' obsession with whales and Shamu. Seriously. She won't stop talking about them.
As Brizzy says about every other day, "We miss you Hawaii. We'll see you next time."