Friday, March 11, 2016

Worst Hawaii Trip Ever

If I sound like a Debbie Downer, its because I totally was.  Before I left for Hawaii, I was a basketcase.  I was so anxious that I would start randomly crying and the night before I left I had a mini panic attack.  I had only left Wembley for one night.  One time with my sister and husband.  And another night with my parents.  So 8 nights gone from her, while a young couple was watching her was freaking me out.  Not to mention the week before we left we all got sick.  Nick started a bad cough.  And both my girls had a stomach flu.  What was even more awesome is that I got the stomach flu a couple days before we left.  So I was trying to get everything ready, cram in some last minute work while I felt horrible.  I had originally been excited for the plane ride over.  A direct flight, no kids.  I could read and work and study and nap.  Glorious!  Nope.  Our flight was delayed for about 5 hours.  And I was puking and other things which I will not go into the whole time at the airport and on the flight.  I was in a lot of pain, and nothing helped.   I felt pretty crappy the next day, but then my second day there I started to feel kind of normal.  It was amazing!



I woke up in the morning, went for a long jog/walk along the beach while I listened to music and looked for whales and sea turtles.  Then I joined Nick and his family and went surfing.


After surfing we introduced Nicks fam to the amazing fish taco truck.  Seriously so good.  And I ate it.  And it tasted good.  And i didn't puke.  


That night we hung out at the pool and enjoyed the sunset.


The next day Nicks family did the Road to Hana.  Nick and I have done it and weren't interested, so I forced him to go on a long bike ride that I've always wanted to go on.  The road ends up right on the beach and its breathtaking.  It was really hot and hilly but it was a great workout.  And so fun doing it with Nick.




On the way back, we saw a for sale sign on a huge house along the coast. We let ourselves onto the property and pretended like we were looking for our parents.  The house was a mere 21.5 million, so it seemed plausible.  It was kind of fun to pretend like anyone we know could ever afford something like that and cool to see the house.  The groundskeeper took us on a tour.



My friend Krissy who knew I was freaking out, texted me some sweet pictures of my little girl from her Valentines class party.  Sad I missed it.  

On Saturday, I started to cough.  And it hit me hard.  I felt horrible pretty immediately.  I developed a cough, and soon started coughing so hard that I was coughing up blood and consistently vomiting from coughing so hard.  From that point on, I hung out in my room for a good portion of the rest of the trip.  I was so sad and mad.


Nick tried to cheer me up on Valentines Day and it worked for about an hour.  When I got home I was sick for about 2 more weeks.  I had bronchitis, a sinus infection and an ear infection.  I have been trying really hard to build up my immune system and get healthy so I was reluctant to get on antibiotics.  But eventually I had to.  Between that and some extremely intense natural remedies (some really nasty drinks), I started getting better.  Hallelujah!  I wish my vacation was better, but at least I got a few good days.  And I got a little tan, which is always nice.  

1 comment:

Amander N said...

I'm sorry it was such a bummer. :(