Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Devil Child

So I have been calling Briz this lately, but truthfully I only mean it about 53% of the time.  The other 47% of the time she is adorable, fun, hilarious, kinda sweet, etc.  But man oh man, she has been giving me a run for my money.  For some odd reason, EVERY single thing is a battle.  She likes to argue, talk back, scream, whine, lie, you name it.  Normally I have felt pretty confident in my ability to handle her "difficult moments" but I often just sort of say lately, "Okay, I give up. Go ahead and do whatever it is you're going to do."  She can't seem to decide if she wants to be a little toddler or a big girl.  This morning she woke up talking baby talk, pretending like she couldn't do anything herself and telling me she is 2 1/2.  She decided to ly limp on the bed while I tried to get her dressed (that was fun!).  And then ended the day with telling me that tomorrow after school she's going to have her 7th birthday and she will be getting baptized soon.  I think she is having an identity crisis.  Is it too early for her to be getting PMS?  I keep holding on to the wish that she is getting all of her craziness out now and so she will be a perfectly obedient and sweet teenager?  No?  
In the meantime, I thought I would dwell on a funny, cute moment (Well, mostly, this was 30 minutes past her bed time).   


Papworth's said...

I found your post quite comforting! First off, I'm pretty sure Ella has PMS too! The reason I found it comforting is because Will is seriously making me doubt my ability to parent! just awful and the worst ever! Then says, "What can I do you for you!" Then to dominating Ella and saying, "I feel vicious!" While punching every piece of furniture we have. We've also been told how we're so, so mean, the meanest ever and I'm pretty sure I repeat myself a million times a day because someone WON'T listen!! Oh and then the moments when he prays at night and thanks Heavenly Father that I'm so beautiful and make the best meals ever. Too late to diagnose Bipolar?

Papworth's said...

Not too late to diagnose, I meant, too early? Let's blame mine on having a new baby, just to feel better. I'm kind of afraid for a teenager Will. He already acts like one, rolling his eyes.