Friday, March 28, 2014

Books Books Books

I'm trying to find all of the upsides to lying down a lot.  I am getting some things done that I have needed to get done, i.e. organizing picture files, organizing music, and the best of all is reading.  The last couple weeks I've read some books, all very different.



This book looked and seemed intriguing but was a bit of a disappointment.  The language is beautiful in it, and it's about two worlds colliding.  It's about immigration in the United States, the Holocaust, death, love, aging, and family.  But there was a lot of buildup in the story to what seemed like would be a big mystery, and then the ending wasn't quite as exciting as I would have liked.  It was one of those books though that I didn't hate, so I decided I would finish it.  But it took me a while to get through it, and I was annoyed because I have a long list of other books I am excited about.


This is a book I have been wanting to read for a long time.  I have always been fascinated by the Romanov's and the Bolshevik Revolution, but don't have much knowledge about it.  Plus, I have  a bit of an affinity towards this royal couple since Nick and I  have the same names.  This book was extremely dense. I couldn't believe how much information there was.  It was long, but I couldn't put it down.  Absolutely loved it!  I would recommend to anyone who has a good chunk of time to read and likes history/politics.


This was our book club book, and it was cute.  It was about a boy and a girl, middle school aged, and each of their different perspectives on their relationship.  It reminded me a lot of when I was in middle school/high school and it made me laugh thinking about what I thought vs. the boys I liked.  It ended up in a fun book club where we talked a lot about funny stories when we were dating our spouses.

I am now starting on the Divergent series.  I refuse to see the movie without reading the book.  Luckily, its an easy read, because I got a stack of books that need to be read and returned to the library.    

No comments: