Sunday, March 16, 2014

Heartburn and Other Fun Things

Some random stuff of what we've been up to lately.


Nick's cousin Jeff and his wife Sam were in town so they stopped by for dinner.  We got in some good baby time with adorable little Sawyer.  It was good practice for both Nick and I, and we particularly enjoyed emphasizing the point to Briz that the baby hampered our attentions towards her.  She's gonna need to start getting used to it!


Briz has been reading more and more.  She still gets very frustrated when she doesn't know a word.  Taking the time to sound it out always seems like much too work.  Her new favorite word is Mac, like her aunt Mac.  She decided to draw Mac's family, and place herself in it.  

Nick and I have been trying really hard to get to the temple once a month.  We went this last week.  My parents were watching Briz and wanted to go to a session, so we swapped Briz in the temple lobby.  We told our ward members (who were at temple night with us) that we just left Briz in the lobby during our session and asked the temple workers to keep an eye on her (we think we're funny).  I think this may be the last session I go to for a while.  I was pretty uncomfortable!


We continue play group with our friends.  It's always a great excuse for me to try some fun stuff with the kids.  Normally I am too lazy to waste the energy on just Briz alone :)  We tried marshmallow paint brushes with edible paint.  They had a hard time keeping the marshmallows out of their mouths.



Briz is in her last week of swim lessons.  She still doesn't love sticking her whole face in the water when she is doing freestyle.  But at least she no longer takes dramatic gasps of breath between strokes.  She immediately gets out of the pool and tells me what her teacher wants her to work on.  She takes it very seriously.


I have never bought so much milk in my life.  Normally, we hardly get through our milk, but lately I can't seem to have enough because we have been big cereal eaters.  I wake up starving and want to eat three bowls.  But then I'm full until 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  This day was one rare occasion where I didn't eat anything until 2 p.m.  and I thought I was going to pass out.  I of courses still had to start my day with cereal.   Corn bran is my particular favorite these days.

On another note, the heartburn has been awful already. I have to take my zantac at night and I have to sleep propped up.  It doesn't make much sense because this baby is sitting so far down.  But I've given up trying to understand my body during pregnancy!  


I have been trying to cut Brizzy's hair since January.  I like to cut it in the spring because it grows so fast and its just easier when it starts to get sunny outside.  She has adamantly denied it for the last couple months.  I have been a good sport trying all new kinds of creative hairstyles.  But when she randomly agreed on Saturday, I pounced.  She thought it was so cool cutting her hair outside.


After we cut it, she won't stop touching it and waving it around.  She also loves looking in the mirror.  She thinks its really cool that she can do it on her own and just put a bow/headband in it (that is also my favorite thing). 


It has been gorgeous here this last week.  In the 60's and sunny!  I am really bitter personally because I just want to go running/walking and enjoy it.   But I have hardly enough ability to just do my dishes and get dressed for the day, so we haven't been taking advantage as much as I would like.  I finally decided to just do my "taking it easy" on a camping chair while I watch Briz ride her scooter.  It's a little depressing, but what can ya do. 


Papa came over this weekend to join Nick in a blessing for me.  I was hoping to hear something along the lines of "You will have no complications."  Ya know, complete healing or something like that.   But it was more like, "Don't be stupid.  Listen to other people."  Still very grateful for the added strength and reassurance that the Priesthood gives me.  Regardless of the circumstances of my pregnancy, I am grateful for it.  

This picture is right after Briz read Papa a book.  Whenever you tell Briz that she did something good, she usually responds with, "I know."  I love my confident little girl (although we may need to work on her gaining some humility).  She has been such a sweet girl though.  She loves her little baby sister and loves to give my belly kisses and hugs.  One of our favorite things to do is to sit around and talk about the things she will get to do with her baby sister.  

2 comments:

Meredith said...

So do you sleep in a recliner or do you just prop yourself up in bed with tons of pillows? We might have to look into borrowing a recliner for the last few months of pregnancy. A cereal diet sounds good to me - the days I eat the simplest food the reflux definitely isn't as bad.

Unknown said...

Meredith - I just prop myself up with pillows right now. I am hoping it doesn't get much worse. But once my itching starts getting really bad, I take sleep medication anyways, so I'm sure that will help. I haven't really noticed patterns of what causes it, but you may be right, maybe I should just try eating really simple foods and see if it helps.