Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful mothers day.  Friday night Nick and I went out on a date.  He asked me where I wanted to go, and I adamantly chose Burgerville.  I am trying to justify as many greasy hamburgers as possible before pregnancy ends.  Plus they now have their fresh strawberry shakes which are better than anything in the whole world!  


Nick asked me what I wanted for mothers day and I said sleep.  I have started taking on the sleeping patterns of mom to infant.  I sleep about four hours at night and then take a nap during the day.  I can't fall asleep until really late because of the itching, but once I'm up I can't seem to sleep more.  So I wanted to at least try to be able to sleep without Briz constantly interrupting me.  Didn't work out so well on the morning of mothers day because Briz was SO excited to bring me breakfast in bed way too early.  I was pissed and had to pretend that I liked it.  I was grumpy until I experienced a mothers day miracle and went back down a bit later for a great nap.  Hallelujah!


After church, we went to visit Holland's grave.  It was a beautiful afternoon, and it was nice just being there together as a family.  

Nick was wonderful.  He cleaned and cooked and got everything ready for Briz.  He made me a delicious dinner of German pancakes, fresh berries, and bacon.  I've never enjoyed a meal more in my life.  

Mothers Day is an interesting day because motherhood is a complicated thing.  Motherhood entails a lot of sadness, heartache, frustration, and as I currently think of right now, physical sacrifice.   I felt gratitude for being a mother, but also for just all of the wonderful women I know, kids or no kids.  Today, I felt blessed to be a woman (which was a rare occurrence these days). 

No comments: