Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Stuff

First of all, congratulations to Seth and Whitney, my brother and sister in law. They are having twins beginning of August (although it will probably be more like July). And they found out Friday they've having twin girls!!! AH!!! There are going to be three little girls running around, and knowing the combo of genes between our families, its going to be a loud and active household when our three girls are together. I'm excited that our little girl will have girl cousins so close in age. I think Pa and Grandma Cottle may be regretting all of that volunteering for babysitting!!! You had no idea what you were getting yourselves into.



Second, I FINALLY started getting the baby's room together this weekend. I spent most of Saturday sanding, priming, painting, taping, you name it. And my back is definitely feelin' it now. I can't be quite as OCD as normal and get stuff done once my mind decides to, because my body can't handle it. But its fun getting started all the same. My colors for her room are a tiffany blue, brown, white, and a green accent. My bedding is freakin' adorable if I don't say so myself. I can't take credit, however, because my Mom has the good eye. And she's the one sewing all of it. I will post pictures as soon as I get them. I'm painting my walls blue, and for a pretty blah decorator, its a little scary for me. Here are some pics of my eventful Saturday.





Nick was taking pictures of me and I wasn't too happy about it. That look is, "Nick! Stop it!"




I got tired of squatting and kneeling, so here I am attempting to save me back while I "prime up" the dresser.





This is an old desk that I am refinishing to use as a dresser/possible changing table. Before picture.


The color I'm painting the nursery. The fabric on the bed is one that I'm using for a sheet. What do you think? I'm a little nervous it may be too bright.

4 comments:

Amander said...

It's going to be so great looking! I loved those fabrics I saw at your mom's house - can't wait to see it all together!

Adam and Bri said...

you're so crafty lex! i'm v. v. impressed.

Julia said...

I think you missed a spot ;)

Cant wait to see it. and her.

Sammy said...

I am very impressed my friend! You have to put up pics of the finished product cause i can't wait to see!