Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Help!!!

It is 4:30 in the morning and I'm awake. I haven't been able to sleep more than 3 hours in a night since Friday because I have severe itching going on all over my body (tonight I slept two). I am exhausted and desperate. I have heard a lot of women say that they itched while they were pregnant, particularly their belly, but its everywhere, although my hands and feet are the worst. I have no marks or rashes or anything. And the itching is uncontrollable!


I've tried a lot of different remedies, including, but not limited to: oatmeal bath, baking soda bath, cold shower and bath, coconut butter, calamine lotion, benadryl, ice packs, but I'm out of ideas. Anyone know anything that can help?

7 comments:

Meredith said...

That totally sucks! Especially if it is keeping you up at night. I am so sorry. This is a sympathy post - not an advice one, sorry.

Amander said...

I have NO advice beyond what you have done. That really, really sucks - itching is horrible!

Blackham Family said...

You might have pupps. I think is what it is called. It is 70% more likely when carring a boy but there is that 30%. Another one of my friends had it that had a baby not to long ago and sounds identical. Here is a article. It didnt sound fun when she would talk about it I hope that is not the case for you. Good luck. I know creams and stuff can help but you still have to wake up and apply them every couple hours. pregnancy.about.com/b/2006/06/06/puppps-in-pregnancy.htm
www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/234.html

Nick and Lexie said...

The thing with Pupps is you have little red bumps or spots everywhere when you get it. And I don't have any kind of marks on my body.

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

I have no advise but I kind of know how you feel. Sometimes I get the itches really bad and I hate it. I hate everything about it.

Blackham Family said...

Oh good that you dont have a rash at all. I guess best advise after that is you can call your dr's nurse and she can usually call you in a perscription. I am sorry . Good luck.

Tamara said...

After talking to you last night, I am glad that it's not PUPPs, but believe me, I KNOW your pain. I can't believe I didn't mention then that acupuncture would probably help. I have a fantastic acupuncturist you could call: his name is CT Holman and his number is 503-881-8361. He's hard to get in to see because he's so GOOD and busy, but I have an appt. next week on the 19th that you are welcome to. It's at 9:00am. He's downtown on Cottage Street. I haven't looked it up yet, but do you have cholestasis? That name keeps popping into my head. That's what I get for being married to an ob/gyn! Hang in there girl... believe me I know how awful it is!! Have you tried Claritin or Zyrtec yet? Also, remember to look up and ask your doc about milk thistle. It's a great liver cleanser.