Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update

So here is an update on the pregnancy:

Yesterday I was a mess. I was having a hard time sleeping (because of the itching and because of worrying). At work, I could hardly talk about it with people, because I would start crying.

But I did go to the doctor and was able to monitor the baby. I got hooked up to a fetal monitoring system and heard her heartbeat for a good 20 minutes, and also checked her movement. Everything was healthy, and my doctor answered my questions. The good news is she said that she has dealt with a couple of these cases a year and its never affected the baby. She said that I will almost for sure be able to go until 37, 38 weeks. If something negative does happen to the baby, the decline would be really gradual, so I would know for a while and wouldn't have to deliver the baby right away. We are going to keep monitoring her twice a week and having a few ultrasounds before the due date, but those are just precautionary.

As soon as I heard that she would most likely be okay, I took a huge sigh. I have a lot of other little things that are unknown, like job stuff, insurance stuff, my itching . . . but compared to her health, it doesn't seem that big of a deal. I also now feel like I have a few weeks to get my shiz together.

3 comments:

Amander said...

So glad that things are looking more positive. That's good that if there is a decline it would be gradual. Stay strong, Lex, and you will have a healthy baby girl soon enough.

Meredith said...

Thanks for the update. Why didn't your doctor reassure you with all that information last week? Did you not meet with your doctor before?

Nick and Lexie said...

No, I didn't meet with her. I found out Friday morning and she was in surgery all day, so I couldn't talk to her until Monday.