Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grateful

I don't normally enjoy posting serious things, but this week I have been reminded of many things that I am extremely grateful for.

The first thing is my Mom. She had a big b-day this week. The big 5-0! I know how much she loves me posting about it, but its a big deal! Being around my parents on Thursday, I was reminded how great they really are. My Dad threw my Mom a party for her b-day with some friends and family, and it was evident how many people love and value my Mom for the great person she is. She is extremely generous and selfless. And she will laugh at anything, particularly if it has to do with anything related to a toilet or falling. She is a fun person and she values her relationships with her family and friends more than anything. She will do anything for her kids, and I know that is pretty much what sums up her happiness or sadness: how her kids are. Plus, she's making all of my baby bedding!!! Perhaps my favorite part of the night was waching my Dad get her party together. He did it pretty much all by himself, and I hope that Nick is as thoughtful when we've been maried that long (hint! hint!).


*I don't have any pictures from the night because I took them all with my Dad's camera. I'm not sure if I'll ever see them because neither of my parents know how to upload the pictures (I didn't say they were perfect!)

I am grateful for my health. This week I had the flu and I was miserable! I know Nick thinks I'm kind of a wimp, but being sick when you're pregnant is like ten times worse! I couldn't eat hardly anything, my WHOLE body and my belly in particular hurt, I could hardly walk, I had a fever and a migraine. Its even worse working and being sick. All of the kids at school were making fun of me for waddling so slowly down the halls. But it made me realize how easy my pregnancy has been. I feel like the luckiest pregnant woman in the world because I have felt really good the whole time. Everything about it has pretty much been great. I don't get the regular migraines I normally get, I can eat pretty much everything that I want, and its made me eat even healthier. And I'm still not that big, I can do most things. I feel so lucky.

I am grateful for the gospel. The last couple of weeks I was able to attend two baptisms: one was a young woman in our ward who is a convert and another was my 8 year old cousin Jaxon. I was touched and reminded by the simple act and covenant. How lucky I am to have the truth of the gospel. I take it for granted almost every day, but it is everything. And I am so overwhelmed with the love that Heavenly Father has for me to give me guidance and tools to make good decisions.

(Jaxon)

I am grateful for my baby girl. I know she hasn't come yet, and technically she's a fetus :) But I feel like I already know her. A very sad thing happened at my school this week: another teacher who is due a week before me lost her baby. She passed away because of heart complications and she had to deliver her stillborn. They said she had a head full of dark hair and cute pouty lips. I was reminded that my baby looks like she's going to look, she's just getting bigger and fatter. And I was reminded of what it was like trying to get pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant, I truly felt like it was a miracle. I think a lot of times once you get past a certain point, you feel like you're home free, but I know that that isn't always true. I am grateful for the experiences I've had being pregnant so far. There is nothing more amazing than feeling her kick and move inside me (which she still does a lot!!!). I'm getting excited to meet her and I don't ever want to take her for granted.

1 comment:

Amander said...

Aw, this was a nice list. Sorry to hear about the lady at work - I am glad your little girl is doing well. And glad you are better - being sick while pregnant seems pretty horrible!